1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FAT-BOY, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

Hello Pat Ireland or anyone that can possibilty help!!

New "G" series trap machine installed, distance and speed set. Moved switch to auto so machine can osoliate. machine cycles ok to the left, but when traveling to the right the machine seems to over-travel and caviates the pump. I have to manually move the turret to start again and when it reaches it's right limit it cavitates every time. Seems like the piston is over-extended.

Bobby Meadows

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Pat-Trap, Inc.

110 Western Avenue

Henniker, NH 03242

(603) 428-3396

FAX (603) 428-7340

Email: info@pattrap.com

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

We had the same problem and had to replace the soft shift valve. Once this was done the unit has worked great.

4. setter

setter Member

You have mail.

Jim

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Bad limit switch, quality control at Pat has went south.

6. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

Hi did you check to see if the limited plate is line up with the center of the mechine and that the two limiter switches are touching the plate on each side if the right limiter is not and is all the way to the end of the rod this my be your problem and it's out of adjustment side the switch aganits the plate and center it to the mechine and try it if it still goes pass the switch then their is a problem.The traps my not away come adjusted from the factory and thay have to be set if you don't have the plate on the rod the setting is 1 3/4 inches from the center line of the mechine to the switch on both side to equal a 2 hole target.Hope this helps

7. Maytag

Maytag TS Member

cmptrwhz,

I had to read that 3 times and try to figure out where the punctuation should be to make any sense out of your post. Wow...

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bobby- Probably the shift valve, but I am only guessing. Call PAT Traps to get some good advice.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.