1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap Doubles Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dewie_Mann, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewie_Mann

Dewie_Mann TS Member

The Pat Trap at my club throws uneven doubles the left bird is lower then the right bird.
    The machine is level. The machine is a singles, doubles, wobbles machine, could use a little help with this
    Thanks
    Dewie

2. PAK

PAK Member

There is a little figure (about 6 inches long) way in the back were the targets sits that you can push forward and back. It might be tight, but push or pull on in to even out the targets. A little move goes a long way.

paul

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Look at the Pat Trap manual, it's a simple adjustment of the doubles finger to get the targets even.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You want to lower the right bird relative to the left, correct? As paul says, move the "doubles finger" back just a bit and check your progress. The field will shift a bit as well (moving right, I think) so you have to tweak that a bit as well. It's a question of a bit of this, a bit of that, but you can eventually set a matched pair and then, knowing about how little movement will get you where you want, it's duck soup next time.

Neil

5. Dewie_Mann

Dewie_Mann TS Member

Thank you for the help guys look easy will give it a shot.
    Dewie

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

There are more than one finger available, if yours is the short one I would call Amy and order the latest. It makes the targets closer together.

But as Neil said, it's simple to adjust. I leave it only mildly tight so I can bump it with the handle of my harley Davidson Adjustable wrench. After I have it right I tighten it down.

HM

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Make sure you level the base, NOT the launch plate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.