1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PAT TRAP CLINIC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kingbang, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

PAT TRAP CLINIC
    The Cottage Grove Eugene Sportsmen’s will be hosting a clinic on “G” and “SW” series Pat traps Friday April 2 at 10:00 a.m.

We will cover maintenance and repair, tune up, replacement parts, target setting, adjustments and safety. At the end of the class attendees should have a working knowledge on how to repair the most common issues one may encounter during the life of these fine machines. We will demonstrate with an actual machine using “hands on” instruction. You learn how to tune the machines for optimal performance, how to service them for extended life, and proper safety when working on the machines both in the shop and in the field. We will provide a suggested list of replacement parts based on our experience over years of maintaining nine machines. Other topics discussed include, proper installation of a Pat Trap in the trap house, trouble shooting, wind-milling, and Voice Release speakers, relays and control boxes.

We will offer some tips in target setting that will not only save you time but will allow for consistent bird presentations from trap to trap. The class instructors are Reino Linden and Dennis Crowell. We anticipate the class will run 5-6 hours. There is a prepaid registration fee of $25.00 per CLUB and RSVP is required. We are only recovering material and preparation costs, lunch will be provided. We will hold the class size to 10 maximum so everyone will have time to ask questions and be able to get the most out of this class. We will need to know the following in advance so we are prepared for your particular needs.

The name or names and club name, along with the registration fee.
    The series of traps you have.

Do you need over night accommodations? We have negotiated special rates at the new Comfort Inn in Creswell. Contact information listed below

Do you have the proper manuals for your series of traps? If not, do you want us to provide them for you? We would need the serial numbers of each of your traps to get the proper manuals and there would be an addition fee.
    We need to know this right away to ensure the manuals are here when you arrive. You can get these from the factory if you prefer please bring them with you.

If you have question please call me at 541.942.8555 or email me at kingbang@hotmail.com

Regards

Dennis Crowell
    Managing director CGESC

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This is in Oregon?

3. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

Yes 20 miles south of Eugene. I know most of the TS people arn't near here but some are so I posted it.

Dennis

4. maka

maka Member

Just a suggestion, get someone to vidio tape the class. Offer it for sale to other clubs.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hmmm, video that was useful would take a skilled videographer, probably a lot of re-takes, and a lot of interference for the students present; meaning a lot more time and energy than 5 or 6 hours would offer. Maybe a followup session with video wouldn't be a bad idea though.....Bob Dodd

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

8. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

BDodd,

I would definately be interested in a PAT Trap repair video!

LA in MA

9. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Yes to a Pat Trap repair video.

Regards

W&W

10. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

anither vote for the video

11. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I made a mistake on the contact number it should be 541.942.8544

Sorry

Dennis

12. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Another yes on the video

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Video wants; I'm sure Dennis (Kingbang) has noticed your comments. It is he who would consider the possibility.....Bob Dodd

14. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

I appreciate the requests here and in email....
    We asked permission from our Pat trap rep, Golden West Industies, to put on this clinic to benefit the clubs around us that can't afford factory service and want to have a better working knowledge of their equipment.I would not feel comfortable in taking the liberty of making a video. I do beleive its a great idea and will talk with Golden West about Pat trap making one. We have all noticed the requests for help here on TS from clubs all over the country,We have people coming from as far away as Great Fall's MT. to Yreka Ca. So there is obviously a need.There are a number of real good mechanics on here that have very good skills,Ive talked to several over time that have helped me.
    I encourage them to also put on some clinics. All of us want to go to shoots that have good target presentation and low breakage,Its a win win for everyone and the sport.
    Thank you again

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to repair pat traps
pat trap maintenance

pat trap repair seminar