1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap adjustments

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Jan 1, 2009
    What is the correct method for adjusting the electronically controlled Pat Trap for Height adjustments.
    I usually set the top switch to Manual and the bottom switch; which is also the switch to change over to wobble to Auto.
    I then adjust the vertical buttons(up and down) to desired height. I then turn the Wobble to manual and then the top switch to auto.
    Is this the correct method.
  2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Nov 6, 2006
    The correct method is that the wobble switch is already on manual and you leave it there. The R/L switch is flipped to manual and the trap centered so that the guy who got the short straw and is holding the TBar can get sprayed with target fragments. Then you tap the up and down switch a couple of dozen times until you luck out and finally get the the machine to stop on the right angle.

You then crawl out of the house forgetting to flip the release back on. You then go back and flip the release switch on after the first squad says "how nothin's coming out? You then go back to the field forgetting to flip the R/L switch back to oscillate until the first squad says "how come the thing ain't oscillatting? You then go back out and crawl back in the house and flip the R/L switch on.

Repeat for all the other fields.
  3. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    On our Wobble Pat trap when set for the desired target height I drilled a hole in the angle iron and put a piece of chain through hole the right length so the bottom link touched the platform. Then I could reset it quickly. Just move it up or down until it link touched and it was set.Hope this helps. George
  4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    Other than using a Digital Protractor, Country Squire has the hot tip!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.