1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Trap adjustments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

We cleaned and greased our PAtrap last Saturday, ever since it has thrown the occasional "wicked hard left", maybe 8-10 ft too far left....we replaced the brush, arm, and otherwise cleaned and vacuumed the machine.

The question is, HOW do you adjust the angles L and R? We know that it is as simple as moving the pickup in or out, but how do you test it? If you put the machine on "Manual" and cycle it left or right it will pass the limit/pickup. So is it trial and error watching how far out the bird goes? how much adjustment of the switch is necessary to move the bird say 5 ft?? a 1/16", 1/8"??-Frank C.

2. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Frank, it is clearly illustrated in the manual if you have one. Post-2

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's an easy way to verify the switch positions. Jim

Subject: Setting Field

Date: Fri, May 26, 2006 - 11:06 AM ET

Radman,

This is a copy of a post I saved before the big server crash.
    Since we have lost a lot of good reference information with the server crash here a helpful tip on setting the field limit switches.
    Setting the left and right limit switches with the interrupter stopping the travel before reaching the limit switch can be a problem. (relevant to the one relay and a interrupter in the new G series machines)
    I have found a much easier way of setting the left and right limits. Turn power off, remove the interrupter and place a jumper wire in the octal socket pins #2 and #3. (a _ U _ shaped piece of #12 solid copper wire works well). Restore power and place the Manual / Auto switch in the Auto position.
    Machine will cycle back and forth on the limit switches. At the moment the machine stops at the end of the left stroke, flip the Manual / Auto switch to the manual position. Machine is now stopped at the left limit switch. (left limit switch is the switch on the right side of the machine as you face out of the trap house) Trip the release switch to throw a bird and observe if it is a straight away from post 4-1/2. I place a target on top of the house at point “B” to use as a reference aiming point.
    Adjust the switch (if needed) and re-tighten the left limit switch and return the Manual / Auto selector switch in the Auto position. When the machine again stops to change direction to the right, flip to the manual position and release a bird to check the adjustment. If the bird is a straight away from the 4-1/2 post then place the 4&1/4 inch adjustment rod between the just set left limit switch and loosen the right limit switch. Snug the right limit switch against the adjustment rod and tighten.
    The field is now set for a two hole target. Turn off the power, take out The jumper, replace the interrupter and turn on the power. I find this method much faster. In place of the jumper wire, I use a 8 pin octal relay with the insides removed and pin 2 and 3 connected. Attached is a picture of where to place the #12 jumper wire.

The interrupter socket sits in the Pat Trap control box with the index Pin at 9:00. Pins 2&3 are at the 6:00 position. (facing the control box door)
    Jim Warner

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Give Jim a CIGAR!

I was looking for this and have misplaced it. THIS is the way to set the machine. If you let the machine oscillate back and forth a couple of times, you will hear the slack in the linkage when the hydraulic cylinder hits its stop and reverses the machine. You can stop it DEAD on the spot the first time.

5. pulllit

pulllit Member

Pin postition of the base socket.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you manually release a pat trap

pat trap adjustments

pat trap left right adjustments