1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat McCarthy Whizzy question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by djldb6, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djldb6

djldb6 Member

On one of the FS strings I saw reference to, and a picture of a Pat McCarthy Whizzy. I was just looking for some explanation of what it does and if it needs to be installed by Pat personally. I have a pull trigger on my Diamond Grade that has a light trigger and was intrigued by someone on the other string mentioning how the Whizzy had an adjustable pressure. At a recent Phil Kiner clinic my light trigger was thought to be contributing to some of my issues so to be able to dial a trigger pull pressure appeals to me. Is this a type of device I could install myself as well.

Thanks for any info

Dan

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dan, were you shooting pretty quick in that clinic?

Hap

3. djldb6

djldb6 Member

So the theory goes, yes. My trigger pull measured out to be around 3#. Phil says things would be more consistent around 4-4.5#. Would be nice to dial a pressure but seems to me, if it were that easy, there would lots of Whizzy things marketed. I have never seen nor heard of Pat's Whizzy so thought I would do some investigation.

Dan

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I know what you are talking about, it is on the Blaser's, call him at 330-833-0014 and he will let you know if it can be adapted to your gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to know as well.

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I shoot with the gentleman you refer to and with someone else who actually has one installed on his Blaser.

It is not something I would consider a "user installable" gizmo. You would have to make arrangements with Pat to send your gun in and he would do the work. It's a small device and is attached to the inside of the trigger guard with a hole through the trigger guard where you use an allen wrench to make adjustments.

Basically it's a spring push-button affair that meets the back of your trigger. You adjust the tension on the whizzy and it "overrides" the tension on the internal springs. If it takes 3 lbs. to fire your trigger and the whizzy is set to 4.5 lbs. then until you overcome the whizzy tension you won't be able to overcome the tension on the internal springs.

I have not tried this myself, being a lefty makes shooting my friends Blaser a bit difficult. Sorry I can't give true first hand impressions. But my friend seems very happy with the whizzy itself and can't say enough good things about the quality of the workmanship from Pat.

Hope that helps make the decision...

Greg

7. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dan, Pat's "whizzy" will certainly help you, your 3 # trigger pull is too light, you can take it to the 4.5 to 5 # optimum with just a small turn of your allen wrench, Harlan was perfectly correct , 3# is too light and can cause a lot of problems with short shooing and flinching, incinerate em!

8. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give him a call.

Dan

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Anybody have a photo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pat mccarthy trapshooter