1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat McCarthy Stock Locks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ec90t, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Rey,

It looks as if Phil Simms has built the better mouse trap. He's been doing McCarty's wood work for years and figured a way to make it better. Just my thoughts though.

ec90t

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am not an All-American, but I have one of Pat McCarthy's Stock Lock systems. Weather has been so bad, I haven't been able to shoot it. I am begging for clear skies, no wind, and a 50 degree day!

Matt

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I have not seen "many" All American shooting them. Leo shoots one, he let me try it and I thought it was awesome. No recoil, no collapse if you pull in tight.

4. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

Matt why are you waiting for better weather to try it??

5. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

What makes all you folks think Phil Simms made a better mouse trap?
    Have you ever shot or even touched one of Phil's stocks ? For all
    you know it isn't as good. There are alot of top shooters with Pat's
    stock and most shoot it very well!

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I know a very fast[and accurate} doubles shooter on the Ohio team that uses one,{Stocklock} And a lovely local celeb from Mi. that has won her share of trophies with hers.

I have shot both of their guns and all I can say is-

I WANT ONE!

7. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

I have one and they work great. Pat stands behind his stocks. Looking forward to see him at the Southern. George Pappas

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

shoehorn,

I can not take cold wind. The wind has been blowing in Kentucky every since the ice storm came thru.

From what I have seen, I do like my Stock-Lock. I have to have some form of recoil reduction. I have a bad neck and back. I am only 29, but when I was young I had an accident that has stayed with me. I like the PFS system also. I sell them New and Used. I don't have a complaint with the PFS, I just wanted to try something new! One thing that I have noticed...no matter how hard I pull the Stock-Lock into my shoulder, the stock does not collapse. The collapsing issue has never bothered me, but it does some. Pat and Kim McCarthy was very good to deal with. If I ever had a question, they did not hesitate to answer. If I called or emailed, they returned promptly. I sell reloading components, PFS systems, Decot glasses, etc. I return calls within 2 hours. I can not stand to leave a message or email and hear back from anyone a week later. I do not have one complaint on my Stock-Lock. As soon as I get to shoot it, I am going to post a thread on it or reply to this one.

And by the way....the Lovely Local Celeb from Michigan....She is the best advertisement for the Stock-Lock ever! WOW! LOL!

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Have had the Stock lock and soft touch. Prefer the soft touch. Less maintenance. Would like to try a Clyde Slyde, SSRS, Ruck's new system, and Pro Coil just to see what the differences are.

10. bigben

bigben Active Member

Rey, I have owned and tried the vast majority of recoil reduction systems, I have found that Pat's Stock Lock system is superior. As the people that own them say, "Buy one when you care to own the best"

11. v10mal

v10mal Member

Since I have begun using a stock lock, my shooting has improved tremendously. I attribute these improvements to the stock lock because shooting without a stock lock was painful. It is easier for me to "stay in the gun" and focus when I know that each shot isn't going to hurt. Also, Dawson's Enterprise has fantastic customer service! I have tried other recoil reduction systems and prefer the stock lock.

12. Maumee River Rat

Maumee River Rat Member

Oh crap!! here I thought I was finally rubbing off on someone. Maybe it's just the good people from OHIO thats making you look and shoot good!!! Ed Saneholtz

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ed, you do "rub" some of us! Rosey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pat mcarthy stock lock reviews

pat mccarthy stock lock shotgun stock

pat mccarthy stock lock system