1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Ireland

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mad frank, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Hi Pat, Perhaps you may be able to help me. I'm writing to you to find out if there are any places to shoot while visiting my step son who is going to school in Arlington. Last year when we went to visit him I looked on line at the Va State trapshooting site and emailed several clubs, but none responded. I'm not necessarily looking to shoot a registered shoot. A few rounds of practice would be fine. Being from VA, I thought that you may be able to recommend a club I could shoot at. My wife and I are planning to visit him on May 9 thru 12. Thanks,

Frank Maglin

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Frank- I live in the Western part of VA, not far from Tenn. and Ky. and Arlington is 4.5 hours away from my home. Yes, there are many places to shoot around Arlington. VATRAP.com will give you a map and directions to the clubs. If they will not answer an e-mail, a phone call may be required. If you look up the number of Betty/Lacy Farley (address in the average book) you could probably get invited to shoot at one of the nicest clubs in VA. Lacy and Betty are good people.

Pat Ireland

3. Danny Sirk

Danny Sirk TS Member

Frank,
    Bull Run Shooting Center is located in Centreville ( 20 minutes from Arlington depending on time of day ) and is a public shooting range. They have skeet,trap,wobble trap,five stand and sporting clays. It is a nice place to shoot.

Danny Sirk

4. bill4807

bill4807 Member

Frank

Best bet is the Bull Run Regional Park Shooting Center,
    http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/bullrunshooting/.

Twenty five miles due West along Interstate 64. Skeet, trap, sporting clays and 5-stand. They sell shells, accessories, rent guns, etc. Turn key shooting at a public facility operated with our tax dollars.

Another site is just two miles from there, the Arlington-Fairfax IWLA. http://www.arlingtonfairfax-iwla.org/location.html.
    Skeet, trap, rifle, pistol, archery, camping, fishing. You may see it from I-64.

A group of us, the Kena Shriners Shooting Sports Club, shoot there on Friday afternoons; send an email.

Bill

5. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Thank You all for the information. That will definitely get me shooting when we make our visit there. Again, I appreciate all the input.

Frank Maglin

6. Danny Sirk

Danny Sirk TS Member

Frank,
    Route I66 passes the shooting center not I64.
    Danny

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Frank try the website URL posted above it has contact info,directions and list of available shooting venues listed.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.