1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Ireland

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Garry, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

"Don't overlook the possibility of mounting an off set zero power optical scope. I have know several shooters who began with an off set rib and switched to these."

Pat, my internet searches have not been been succesful in locating an off set zero power optical scope.

Do you have the name of a company who sells these off set scopes?

Thanks,
    Garry

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Garry- The scope is a battery powered red dot device that is commonly used by pistol shooters. They are available at most gun shops. The attachment devise is usually custom made by a local machine shop. You want the widest field of vision scope. The off set is the distance between your eyes.

Pat Ireland

3. 100straight

100straight Member

Pat,

I am trying to get a mental picture of this. Assuming a right handed shooter, would the right eye be looking down the rib of the gun, and the left eye would be looking through the scope?

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mark- For a right handed shooter, the left eye would be focused through the scope. It is used by shooters who have lost vision in their right eye.

Pat Ireland

5. 100straight

100straight Member

Thanks Pat. I was hoping this was the new target tracking device that I have been looking for, which will instantly make me a better shot. Guess I'll keep looking.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Zardozforty- I would like to see it. I will get to the Dixie Grand a few days early and hope to shoot a "lot" of doubles on Friday and Saturday. Classification begins on Sunday and the shoot begins on Monday. I expect the temperature in January to be no less than 70.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.