1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Ireland

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullhit, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullhit

pullhit TS Member

Obituary for Pat Ireland - Click on Obituaries and scroll to Pat's listing

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Patrick Henry Ireland

Ireland, Patrick Henry, 66, of Christiansburg, VA, died suddenly at his home on Sunday evening December 19, 2010, with his wife of 28 years, Penny McKee Ireland by his side.

Along with his wife, he is survived by his son, Shawn Patrick Ireland, of Christiansburg, VA; brothers, Joe and Russ Harmon. He was a member of Main St. Baptist Church. Pat was a multifaceted man with many degrees, hobbies and careers. He received his BS and MS from Kansas State College at Pittsburg and his PHD in Zoology from the University of Arkansas. Pat taught Biology and Anatomy at universities in Oklahoma, Georgia and Virginia. While doing so he was a top researcher in the field of salamanders. More recently he became a Real Estate Broker and was a Certified Residential Appraiser. Pat was a master cabinet maker and custom gun engraver. His home reflected his love of gardening, flowers and wildlife.

Pat was a lifetime member of the NRA and longtime member and supporter of the Christiansburg Izaak Walton Gun Club. His avid love of trapshooting for over 55 years was evident by having held every elected office in the Virginia Trapshooting Association including being a VA delegate to the National Association. Most recently he was named to the Central Handicap Committee which helps govern the Amateur Trapshooting Association, an honor he was proud to have received. In 2001 Pat was inducted into the Virginia Trapshooting Hall of Fame for his many years of service in office and for being instrumental in obtaining the Virginia Trapshooting Association home grounds at the Winchester Gun Club. Pat has shot over 100,000 ATA registered targets in singles, over 100,000 in handicap and approaching 100,000 in doubles while traveling all over the United States. It goes to say that Pat was loved and respected by his “trapshooting family” and will be sadly missed.

The family will receive friends from 4p.m. to 7p.m., on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at the Horne Funeral Home. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at the Horne Funeral Home Chapel with Rev. Neil Turner officiating. Interment will follow at Sunset Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers the family would like memorial to be made in Pats name to the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum, 601 W, National Road, Vandalia, Ohio 45377 or to the Montgomery County Humane Society Shelter, P.O. Box 287, Blacksburg, VA 24063 or to the charity of your choice.

http://hornefuneralservice.com/horne1/obituaries/show_obit.php?offset=8&id=1373

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

That is way too young to die. It's a real shame. He always was one of the people whose posts made good sense. I never knew him beyond this forum but I always thought of him as a good man.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ahmen on the good man and way to young

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A good man....

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It is always sad to lose one of our own ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

oh man.............

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm besides my self. After looking at Pat's obit. darn it I'm going to be 68 next week & Pat had way more experiences in this game than I can or could ever dream of. I'm lost for words. Its a crying shame that good go to soon. Damn, life is to short, & I need coaches --PAT you had a lot to teach me.

Phil Berkowitz

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I too just heard this sad news. Unbelievable. This strikes much too close to home.

Condolences to his family and his friends.

Jim Chapman
    Michigan

10. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

A gentleman is gone. How truly sad.

Pat always had a way of capturing the essence of a topic in his pithy, clever postings.

Priveledged to meet him at the 2009 VA state shoot.

Ducks

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

12. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

obituary for penny mckee ireland