1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Ireland, It's That Time Again!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Wahoo, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Pat, don't look now but the 'Hoos are way out in front of the Hokies!! I am referring to the "College Football Players As Criminals" category (or, "Criminals As College Football Players" if you prefer). Yessir, the Hoos jumped into the lead recently when two, not one but two, count 'em, Hoo football players were arrested for stealing beer (what else would a person steal in 'Hooville?. Yeah,I know, the Hokies will come storming back and regain the lead in the criminals as football players classification when they make their next football recruiting drive at the Crossbar Hotel down at Jarratt in Greensville County. But no school can reach the heights that Hokie High did with Vick. I am a little surprised that he ended up in a Federal resort hotel for a much-needed vacation. I had always thought that the Hokians would have him bronzed and placed in front of the dairy barns beside the football stadium at Hokie High.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

M. Vick did not have any problems when he played for VA Tech. He ran afoul when he went to the pros. He did have a younger brother who showed up at Blacksburg, but I don't remember any details. The number one recruit this year for Tech was asked to leave the team after he was discovered smoking some sort of funny stuff rolled up like a cigarette.

Our banter back and fourth about VA Tech and U of VA might not be as much fun this year. Tech is in a building phase and will struggle to remain in the top 10 teams.

A couple of side notes. There are now more people working for private industry in the Tech Corporate Research Center than are employed directly by Tech. Total money from research grants is significantly larger at Tech than U VA. I will grant that U VA did have the best poet/short story writer, but Edgar Allen Poe left U VA about 1810 and has never been replaced.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.