1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pat Ireland and HOA Trophies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Mr. Pat, I read all the thread about Grand trophies and unlike a bunch of people, I've been there---Sparta and Vandalia. I have the answer, actually two answers.

#1 in keeping with the current educational parameters, we should just give EVERYBODY an award. All that would be needed is a ribbon or someting small as we would not want anyone to be pointed out as the exception. 1000 people come, pick your ribbon up at the gate---no slow process, no problems!

#2 If everybody thinks the system stinks now, just let me run it for a while and they will plead for the current people to take it back!!

See Ya There,
    Jim

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

They actually did use to give a little ribbon to every participant at the Grand back in the 70's. John

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

John- Help me remember. I shot the Grand beginning in 1972 but I don't remember a ribbon. Well, actually I do remember one ribbon I got at the 1976 Grand. It is red and about three inches wide. It goes over one shoulder and the ends meet on my left side just below the waist where a 4 inch bronze disk declares "South Africa, 1975 Trap Team Champion".

It seems a shooter from South Africa I got to know at the Grand wanted to buy a new gun, but the import tax on new guns was very high and there was no tax on used guns. I bought the gun my friend wanted, took it to the practice trap and shot one shell through the gun. I didn't like it so I returned the gun for a full refund and the dealer sold the used gun to my friend. I got a ribbon for this.

Pat Ireland

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I remember the name badges with a small ribbon attached that they used to give out at the Grand in the 1960's...of course, I was VERY young at the time that my Dad got one of these.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

bcnu- I believe I still have one of those name badges/ribbons somewhere down in my reloading area. Got it in 1974 or 1975 (I think).

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.