1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Past Usage of Remington 11-48's @ Trap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gold40, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gold40

gold40 Member

I recently picked up a decent old 11-48 from the 1950's, and have been shooting it for fun, instead of the newer O/U's.

Were these popular among trap shooters in the 1950's? How well did they perform at trap? Did they hold up? Was there a special trap version, like the 870's?

Appreciate your historical perspective and any rememberences.

JERRY

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

"Folded metal" ..."piece of crap"????? Here we go again.....

I happen to own two "piece of crap" 1100s that have outlasted many Perazzi hinge guns I see breaking firing pins and having trigger problems
    at shoots that have seen probably 300,000 or more rounds in 25 years, where my 1100 has not broken or let me down at a shoot in about five years. 99% of what can go wrong with them are predictable, preventable to a large degree with rotated replacement of parts and PM tips that most people don't care to follow.

I know my 1100s firing pin springs well outlasted my Ljutic monogun's firing pins that wore through two firing pins in one summer season of trapshooting when Winchester had those "increased sensitivity" primers in the late 1990s that used to stick around the pins and make the gun hard to open.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

And to stir the pot, I have a mint model 59, non choke tubes...what could it be worth? I lust after a model 12 trap...gotta have one one day.

4. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I have a friend that has one and it smokes targets better then some of the new guns but we just shoot it for fun every now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.