1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Passing of Mike Soda, No. CA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I was informed, while shooting at Coon Creek, Lincoln, CA, yesterday that Mike Soda had passed away a week or so ago. Mike was a long time shooter in No. Cal and was always present to assist Giacomo at Sage Hill, NV and at the CA State shoots in Kingsberg.

Mike was a personal friend and I was quite shocked to learn of his passing. I believe his family is dealing with the passing as best as can be expected. I am waiting to hear details on a "Celebration of Life" gathering. I understand Mike has been interred at the American Veterans facility in Dixon, CA.

When I learn more details, I will post them. I know your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

Jon Schorle, Sacramento, CA

2. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

That is very sad news. I remember meeting Mike for the first time in Reno ten or so years ago. Mike sold my wife, Candy, her first MX3. It was one that Mike shot and loved. Great guy and will be missed this week in Reno. Rest in peace.

James Hammond

California Delegate

3. don q

don q TS Member

I knew Mike for years and bought a few guns from him, he always had a good deal. He will be missed. don q

4. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Our best to his family.

Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

When I lived in California Mike and his son Matt were good fiends. I am sorry to hear of his passing. Anyone know how to contact Matt? I appreciate the help.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

The only number I have, and I don't know if it is current, is for Mike at 916-381-6284. I have not spoken to Matt in some time.

JON

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of another good guy who was both a brother shooter and vet...rest well Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.