1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA's Keystone Classic a great success.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Outstanding weather contributed to one of the best attended Keystone Classic's in it's 22 year history, with nearly 100 squads in the Doubles competitions and over 100 squads in all of the singles and handicap contests. Apparently the boys at Valley Gun Club are coming to their senses, and the wrangle over the disputed real estate silliness is quickly coming to a close. Valley was open for practice on Wednesday evening and got a good deal of business from the visiting shooters on their traps, restaurant and even some new membership applications. PSSA and Vally have a good history of working together and as I see it, will turn into a terrific partnership with all the funds PSSA can contribute to the joint effort that will make both better.

best....mike

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

790 shooters this year.

699 in 2011

812 in 2010

849 in 2009

710 in 2008

891 in 2007

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"Entries" and "Shooters" are 2 different things. You want to get more shooters there. Entries can go up by merely adding events.

Additional shooters make a program grow, not adding events.

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I know a few guys that only shot handicap,some guys only shot Friday, other guys went up and shot Sunday only. The 790 figure is probably total individual shooters.

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

The numbers are the total number of shooters. Example 790 different shooters shot at Elysburg this year and made 3127 entries at about $30 each for about $94,000 to the PSSA. Some shot one event and some shot more. I was showing the trent over the past 6 years.

6. Border Bandit

Me shot (at) 'em all, and it was the best Keystone I can remember; although I left way too many on the ground, unbroken. The HAA shootoff that went three rounds on Sunday evening was very entertaining.

Boy, I hope those few angry fellows at Valley don't drive the PSSA away from Elysburg.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

The shoot was run really well, and the weather was about the best you could have. Always good to see old friends. Especially glad to see Johnny Manetta doing so well. I am always impressed with the great job PA has done on their Hall of Fame room. Very well put together, and lots of interesting history.
    Jeff Philipbar/puablo

8. Border Bandit

Another thing, I finally got to meet my best friend Jeff Philipbar (PUABLO) What a great guy...and shooter!

best...mike

9. guthooked

guthooked Member

Is there a website that shows how everyone placed at the shoot?

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Long live the PSSA, Valley Gun Club, and our friends--we really enjoyed this wonderful weekend.

Guy & Aline Babin

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Mike, you're the man! Nice meeting you too buddy!

12. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

see above links

13. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

see link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.