1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA's Colonial Classic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lisalong, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisalong

lisalong Member

PA

Maybe this question has already been answered, but I haven't been online for awhile so I apologize if I'm opening an old discussion. Can anyone tell me why PA got rid of the "Colonial Classic?" Originally, when it was created, I believe it was to give winners All American Points which they would not get if it were just the first 2 days of the state shoot. Why did they change this? Why would PA think that this would help attendance? Seems like we're going backwards in progress.

2. zinger

zinger Member

Lisa, why don't you shoot an email to Chuck or Mike for your answer since they're the ones who made that decision?

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Lisa..

Chuck always is very thorough and prompt with his email replies.

Curt

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

When did they change that?......Uncle Sam,Pa.

5. AlanM

AlanM Member

Lisa

From what I saw on the PSSA web site, it has something to do with a rule change. I would definitely (sp) ask Chuck.

Alan

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Lisa, I shot the Colonial Classic, last year, and I see it's listed on the PSSA flier for June 12th, I suppose as a warmup for the State.....June 12 - 20, 2010. Did I miss something? all the best ...mike

7. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Lisa, I talked to Jim & Gwyn W. this evening, and they believe there have been some changes, in the program, primarily to streamline things. For instance, the 500 doubles marathon usually shot on Tuesday, has been shortened, they think, to 200 targets. There may be other changes; but so far as date and intended purpose, (giving shooters a chance to get target requirements before the State shoot) I believe, everything is still the same. I hope this is helpfull......mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.