1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

party affiliation on voting card

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by slic lee, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

For 22 years living in S Florida my wife and I were registered Independents on voter registration card until last year we got new voter cards stating we are "no party affiliation".
    I called Dade County voter reg, spoke to unnamed,you dont have to know,according to new rules there are only Dem or Repubs or no party affiliation on voter reg cards, click.
    Called back, got lady was told you can be anything you want not on vot reg card,click.
    Called back,asked for super, waited,came on line,sir,you will be sent new registration forms to fill out are being sent now. That was 2+ months ago came today.
    During this I called State Regis.oh sir you can be anything but only Dem or Repub are major parties the rest dont count they are minor parties as you will see on new forms that are being sent now.
    Where is says party affiliation, big bold letters,DEM under Rep, under very small print for minor party write in below.
    We now have 8 sets of voter cards all say,"no party affiliation".
    WHAT SAY YOU. Lee

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Independent and "no party affiliation" are the same thing since there is no such thing as a "Independent Party". I don't see a problem here.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Uh, there IS such a thing as the "Independent Party".

http://www.indparty.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Party_of_Oregon

Some people who tried to register as independents here found out later that they were Independents - members of the Independent Party. Now that the confusion has been addressed between independent and Independent, such voters are now "non-affiliated".

Whether the Independent Party spreads beyond Oregon is unknown. However, they are now the largest of the minor parties in Oregon.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you got 8 sets of cards you should be able to vote 8 times.

Is this a great country or what?

HM

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I noticed both links go to the Independent Party of Oregon.

There is an Independent Party for each State, New York, Colorado, etc. and an Independent Party of America. Seldom do I see candidates on the ballots in my State.

When you think of it that is the way it should be, 50 parties, one for each State, otherwise it would be an oxymoron, the idea of a single national party representing independent voters, who don't want to follow the herd.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

I read your post 3 times and still cannot tell what the hell your issue was?

If this is how you communicate to old white male trapshooters...the black ladies at the voting office won't have a clue.

(On the other hand...that whole "hanging-chad" thing is coming into closer focus now).

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yes, both links are about the Independent Party of Oregon. Their official site and a Wikipedia site about them.

8. Rick Barker

Slic lee

Did you write in "Independent" in the "minor party" affiliation space???

It does seem dumb they would offer you 4 choices and limit you to 3.

9. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Rick-what 4 or 3 choices-main choice was Dem or Repub bold letters, underneath in small letters it says "minor party write in".
    Independent party of Florida-HELLO

10. Rick Barker

Yes, I looked at the application form on line. I just cannot believe they are that stupid not to put on you card the information you provided them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.