1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

parts for citori

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hitmore, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitmore

hitmore Member

Does anyone have the address or know where i can get the parts for a citori, and part nimbers ? miss fires bottom barrel does not cock all the time

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This is very possibly just a buildup of grunge. Remove the stock and watch the fire control group recock. If the hammer does not clear the sear, you may have worn parts.

These guns generally do not give much trouble in this regard.

3. KS user

KS user TS Member

Is the firing pin hitting the primer at all?In some cases i have heard a primer set a hair too deep could cause this problem.I have also heard the notch {recess} in the bottom firing pin is not cut the same as the top,in tern not letting the firing pin travel as deep.I have of people taking the bottom pin out and cuutin more out of the the notch to let it travel farther.These instances have all been on XT's.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

A good cleaning is the first step in any malfunction. I have removed many stocks only to find many years of crud inside.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear 1911 has it right.

I just serviced an XT that has been through three owners and years of abuse, before it starting having problems digesting shells through the bottom barrel.

The amount of goop in the action was as bad as I have seen in years. The firing pins looked like they had been on the head of the Space Shuttle during re entry.

After a routine service, and replacement of firing pins, lower return spring, left standard mainspring, right Wolff Extra Power mainspring, and Top Lever spring, all was well again.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have also bought serveral guns over the years that people claim are junk, Also one thing alot of people do not seem to get. The factory will put a rust prohibitor of some sort on most firearms...NOT LUBE. case in point. Browning gold shot gun. I bought new, had cylce issues from the get go. Dealer was of no help. I called browning. The young ladie on the phone. "I get this call all the time. Did you remove the stock and barrel and completly clean the entire action. Includeing the inside of the action spring tube?"......I could not believe the gunk that was in there......reminded me of the old permatex coolant hose sealer tar. just nasty. Not a hick up since. I let it go 2500 rounds before a complete clean. I give all guns in service a yearly strip down cleaning. all others get a good wipe and inspection.

7. hitmore

hitmore Member

Thanks to all for advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.