1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

parting out trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Terry, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry

Terry TS Member

I have noticed that in the past 6-12 months there have been a lot of posts on shooters selling shotgun parts. Major parts like barrels, forends, receivers, stocks. What is the reason for this? Why would I want to sell my TM=1 barrel?

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you have the patience to wait for the buyers to come along, you can make more money selling the parts than the whole gun particularly w/ Perazzi MX series guns and to a lesser extent w/ K80.

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

you just wudnt believe the calls i get for parts and someone wanting to do a lil tweaking on a gun-( its a hobby for me)-- personally, i think its kind of addictive for alot of shooters-- plain gun owners arent quite as bad!! these are 2 differant kinds of mental condtions, of which the first is nearly untreatable!!!!!!!!!!

4. Gizmo110

Gizmo110 TS Member

The reason I am buying parts is I am converting a field gun to a trap gun, the stock and barrel cost less than a complete gun itself. Plus the reciever has less than 250 rounds through it. I also have an extra barrel and stock should something go wrong.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I'm a lefty and nothing out there fits. So I buy parts and custom build to my specs. Same is true if I sell a gun. Usually part it out to the next guy. Very cost effective. Dave T.

6. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear TGB,
    I waited for almost 3 1/2 years to get a virgin 34 inch fixed TM-1 barrel from MIA....(Pallet Jack)and it was excellent. Perazzi refuses to sell TM-1 barrels and receivers to ANYONE!! And the recent price increases on Perazzi O/U barrels will SHOCK you!! I keep looking for TM-1 parts because sooner or later, I am going to need them! And if I win the lottery, I will buy a new TM9X..or a barrel off one!
    Sincerely,
    Jet Boat Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.