1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Part of the Payback.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Don't ya just love these crooks?

"Citibank Top Donor to Obama Inauguration

Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:43 AM

By: Jim Meyers

Employees of Citibank, which received $45 billion in rescue funds in the federal bailout, have contributed the most to Barack Obama’s inauguration fund — at least $113,000 as of Wednesday.

And the bank is lobbying behind the scenes for more money from the second $350 billion installment of federal bailout funds, according to The New York Times.

Among the contributions from Citibank executives is $50,000 from Ray McGuire, the bank’s co-head of global investment banking, and $50,000 from Louis Susman, the recently retired vice chairman of Citigroup, the Huffington Post reports.

Susman also bundled $300,000 in donations for the inaugural committee, according to Politico.com.

Bundlers are fundraisers who collect checks from friends and associates and deliver them to a campaign or committee.

Citigroup employees also gave $586,000 to Obama during the 2008 election cycle. "
  2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Feb 1, 2006
    It is funny how the left hates large corporations. No business is as politically correct as the large corporations. My wife has worked for IBM, British Petroleum, Amoco, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and a few others I can't remember. They are all as politically correct as you can possibly be. She fills me in on the left-wing brainwashing classes and meetings they all require that would make any liberal proud. Anyone on the left should love corporate America. They run them.
  3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Southeast Michigan - O/S Detroit
    What's amazing is that GW's inauguration tab was about $44 million. The AP was all over his case about private contributions laying out so much cash. Now, they think it's great that the Dems are about to drop $124 million, almost three times the 2004 tab.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Currently the price tag for the coronation is well over $150million.
  5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Dec 30, 2007
    i think he should spend 300 million

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I understand Obama's spending 3X Bush's. You would think with so many people suffering, why make more people suffer? This reminds me of the Roman pillars, what arrogance; also wasn't it Marie Antonette who said "let them eat cake"? Pardon my anger but this type of thing sucks big time. If the Dems have the money, set an example and give it away to people in need. It's so out of touch when these Einsteins have spent over a trillon and sticking us with the debt. I propose making the words government & waste one word: governmentwaste. Don't the workd mean the same thing? Darrell
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.