1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parking problems

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ljutic111, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If it`s the same person , he is an ass and should be put in his place one way or the other . Have a sign made up at a printing shop to put on your garage door stating to "Please Keep Clear". Are there any lines painted on the driveways to designate where to park ?? Maybe the ownership should do so to solve your problem .

2. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

If it is a repeat offender, after the note, I would try a large wad of bubble gum on the windshield (better in warm weather). Then I would move on to letting air out of tires (remove the valve, don't slash the tire). Or maybe gently placing a bag of garbage on the hood? You have to bother the pests as much as they are bothering you!

Gene

PS: You can get the valve tool at an auto parts store. You take the cap off and slide the slotted tube down into the valve stem and just unscrew it. If you want to be nicer, you can just hold the valve in and let the air out.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Put a a no parking sign then lay down some spike strips like the cops use, if he pulls in there he ruined his own tires

Just remember to pick them up before you drive out

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Only the owner of the unit can help you. Your pressure should be on him/her. Anything else may get you in trouble. It's not fair - but it's the best way.

5. MilCon

MilCon Member

We had a problem like that happen when I was in college.
    As I remember from talking to the "super" someone had poured the oil out of a sardine can down the guy's fresh air intake, never saw the car again.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Limberger cheese smeared on the exaust system works pretty well.

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try a handicap parking place sign on the garage door.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to move back into your own house again.

9. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Does the apartment come with its own garage? If it does tell the leasing agent / manager to handle it. If he won't, send him a registered letter, or better yet have your attorney send it, and STOP paying your rent until it gets fixed. Make sure you have detail, time, date, person you spoke with, etc. They are the ones who are in violation of the contract,not you. Had a similar type problem with a realtor who owned an apartment I lived in years ago and when he threatened to have me evicted I told him to go ahead and I would see him in court. Shut him up and solved the problem.

Good luck.

10. pedagogue

pedagogue Member

When blocked in at a parking lot I gave the owner a present of my dog's poop (the window was open enough to deposit the present). jack m

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I had a friend who delivered pizza and one of the drivers just left his car after work where other drivers who were still working were trying to park. He didn't lock his car up. HE HE. They got in the car and took it out of gear and pushed it to the other side of the parking lot. They let the car jump the curve and parked it on the grass and between some tree's. The drive who owned the car caught alot of crap from the mall manager. Get the point.

Call a tow truck and have them tow it. Say your car broke down and you had to go to the airport.

Buy some pot and put it in his car just so the police can see just some of it when you call them to tell them someone is dealing drugs in your area.

Paint the curve yellow or red for no parking.

Take the wheel weights off his rims.

Get some handicap signs and put them up after the person is parked and call the cops.

Get a bike tube and cut about 2 feet off and put a plug on one end and put the other end over his exhaust pipe and put a hose clamp on it. He will start his car and the tube will fill up then BANG.

Look over your lease and see if there is anything about your garage. Read it carefully and see what it says about you getting in and out of the garage. If the manager still says its nothing he can do then tell him if he does not then he WILL be explaining the reason to your lawyer.

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Send all the other tenants a registered letter that states if they are in your part of the driveway, obstructing your way in and out of your garage, they have just agreed to sub-let that space for $50.00 an hour, with a minimum lease of a one day charge. Bill them and threaten them you'll take it to small claims court. Wayne

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If you can get a garden hose out the door put the garbage cans in back of the car as close as possible and fill them to the top with water keep them close together and lock them together with a very shot chain so they can not tip them over. I bet they don't do it again.

14. Barry C. Roach

Like I said earlier, John, talk to the OWNER of the complex. If the property manager is not the OWNER of the complex you have to go over his/her head especially if you're a good tenant. OWNERS don't like property managers who piss off good tenants.

If that doesn't work, find a better place to live and make sure the OWNER knows why your leaving.

I once lived in an apartment with a whole bunch of selfish boogers living around me. Parking problems, drugs, parties and lot's of noise. I was getting no where with just talking to individual offenders. Usually I got threatened. Sooooooo, I decided to have a "Block Party" for the whole complex. Free bbq and beverages....a little music and some games. A chance for all to get to know each other. Afterward, for the most part, the offenses lessened and some respect for others was restored.......but not all.

When you're 72 and have lived in your own home for many many years, I don't know if you'll ever get tolerant enough to live in that kind of complex. Tough deal mate, good luck.

15. Barry C. Roach

Good idea P3AT.

16. bocephus

bocephus Member

The handicapped parking only will work fine until some stranger with a handicapped plate decides to use your space...legally

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

If it's a rear wheel drive car, steal the driveshaft. When the owner comes back for the car and sees that it will be a no-go despite the engine's running, tell him with a sraight face "that there has been a lot of that going on around here; that's why I like to park my car in the garage"...or do the same thing using Gorilla Glue in the doorlocks. When the owner comes back, tell him that you saw a bunch of teenagers with pink, orange, and green spikey hair drinking malt liquor and looking for mischief. Tell him "it happens all the time" on this side of the complex..

But those are juvenile tactics. Hope the cops come by one day and talk to that character. I once had the problem and I seriously flatted all four tires by pulling out valve stems. I was big time pissed. This over 20 years ago; solved the problem. Not recommended from this later perspective in life. Maybe you could get the car towed away??? Or get it forceably moved due to a desperate need to use your vehicle, like a trip to the emergency room etc.?

18. yenko

yenko TS Member

fill up his gas tank with water,he will think he got a free tank of gas.

19. yenko

yenko TS Member

here you go this should do the trick.buy caution tape so the owner knows.
    [​IMG]

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Jon, I deleted my post I was way out of line. I apologize, I was trying to be funny without realizing your true situation, my fault need my ass kicked. Thank you for your service to this country you deserve to be treated with respect.

I wish I had a good answer for you. I still think messing with other peoples property is a bad idea even if they are parking in your spot or whatever. You need some help, I would still go talk to the Sheriff or Police Chief whichever it is where you live. In the meantime would it be a big problem to just park your car outside? I know when you have a garage it's nice to use it but maybe that would solve the problem in the short time. I had to give up my house and move into a duplex so I understand some of what you are going threw. People are just rude these days.

Sorry again for the stupid comments on my part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.