1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parking at PA State shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Is there a place to put up a sun tent and chairs at my truck so when we are hanging out waiting to shoot we can relax. Or do we just hang in the club houses

I remember parking in a parking lot but I never realy checked out if there was a place to park wehre we could set up a sun tent and our chairs.

I am just asking because i won't bring the stuff if we can't use it.

2. verypoor

verypoor Member

we set up a canopy tent with the bag chairs and stuff at the top parking lot.you have to be careful as we got hell one year that we were taking up parking spots we now keep it real tight.bp

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

veryppoor, don't forget the buffallo steaks. p.s the grill also.

4. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Big Al, most will park down near the practice traps. There are trees there and a bit more quiet than above. If you do go to the parking lot I think your going to be in a tight spot, lots of dust and car fumes. See you there!

Jeff G

5. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

I have seen a lot of canopies set up along the edge of the 'road' behind banks one through three. The ground starts to rise, and you get into the vendors' area at about bank four.

I was with a group that used to have a tarp attached to the side of a van in the very top row of the parking lot next to the camp grounds behind bank seven. Speer came along one year and made us take it down because we were taking two parking spaces. Now, one of the group has a large umbrella that attaches to an extension to the hitch on his Oldsmobile SUV, but the group doesn't shoot as a group anymore.

6. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Many people set up patio umbrellas behind their trucks; but as stated, parking is a premium so be a good neighbor and don't spread your stuff out like you're on the north 40. All you have to do is leave about 5 feet of space behind your vehicle to the tram path.

The ground is crushed rock, so you'll need a hitch holder or one of the big heavy portable metal bases.

7. steele

steele TS Member

VERYPOOR,
    Is Eddie Longwood going with you again? If he's shooting at Elysburg, there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed shooters. He just doesn't miss!!
    I'd assume he will be at your Big Shoot this weekend, being he is in the country. If things go good, me & my sidekick will see you on Sat.
    Butch

8. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Hello Folks,

Looks like I might be able to make the PA state shoot this year.
    Any recommendations on a motel?

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

9. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hey Kevin

The Key Motor Inn in Danville is about 12 miles from Elysburg. I have been staying there for many years. The Key is not the most modern motel, however, it is adequate and inexpensive. It takes me 15 to 20 minutes to make the run.

Call Kathy at the Key (570-275-4640), tell her your a trap shooter. There are a lot of shooters staying there. Kathy keeps an index on the regulars. Our rooms are reserved year to year for us. I get a letter in February confirming my dates. All I must do is call and confirm that I well be there.

Good luck.

Frank

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

There is an apron of grass on both sides of the road in back of bank 12 and the practice traps. There is plenty of room to set up a tent, rig up a barbecue, etc. It shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful and don't back into the creek :)

See you there. I'll be there for the whole 10 days.

Cheers,

Jerry

11. verypoor

verypoor Member

eddie longwood will be with us again this year.it will be nice shooting with him again but as you know he is tough to beat.see you this weekend bp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.