1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parking abuse ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I live in a high rise condo with covered parking decks. There are a few Handicapped spaces in close proximity to the elevators. Well, a neighbor has a brand new ZO 6 vette & he has a handicapped sticker. Now the vehicle is parked in the handicapped space with a car cover on it. Is this now storage & not parking. Would you bitch to management or mind your own business.

Phil Berkowitz

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I guess it would depend upon whether I was handicapped or not and needed the space. Does seem like a shitty thing to do though. BRGII

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thats a VERY shitty thing to do...I am disabled but at no time have I ever monopolized a parking place just because of my special tags

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Look at your condo contract. There may be something in there about storage. He is probably entitled to one or two parking spaces. I don't think a handicap space qualifies for one of them. That's up to your board.

Good Luck.... Jerbear

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Is he using another spot also?

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

What is this sight?? Is it for rumors and innuendo?? I always thought it was for and about Trap Shooting. How do we get so far off the mark?????

7. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Bob....You have to read between the lines..It really says Trapshooters.com/ Dear Abby...

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trapshooters.com/Dear Abner is more like it!!

Be a man...slash his tires!!

Curt

P.S. Just kidding!

9. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I would say something to management. Highly unlikely that they didn't notice though. That would keep your nose clean. The big issue here is handicap spaces are a courtesy

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Guess what--there is a sign-violators $250.00 sign--can't see his handicap sticker its hidden by the car cover--I'll let the gendarmes figure it out.

Phil Berkowitz We all know the type of people who think they are special & rules are for suckers--this person is definetly one of them

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto, the word "handicapped" means that the driver is mobility impaired. To park in a designated space a placard or special license plate is required. In Texas it is a 250 dollar fine for not having placard or plate displayed.

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If he is not driving it every day then I say move the damn car. If he is driving it every day then you are out of luck. As one said here talk to the board. If that does not work then with the cover on beat the hell out of the car and wait for him to take the cover off. make sure you have a camera to catch the look on his face. LOL.

13. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Phil, in NC not only can he do this but if you read the statute below they can park in zones that have a time limit for unlimited time.(example) On a downtown street that has a 2 hour max parking limit they can park all day. Some days in Raleigh it's almost impossable to find a spot that is not got a Hdcp stickered vehicle in it.

§ 20?37.6. Parking privileges for handicapped drivers and passengers.

(a) General Parking. – Any vehicle that is driven by or is transporting a person who is handicapped and that displays a distinguishing license plate, a removable windshield placard, or a temporary removable windshield placard may be parked for unlimited periods in parking zones restricted as to the length of time parking is permitted. This provision has no application to those zones or during times in which the stopping, parking, or standing of all vehicles is prohibited or which are reserved for special types of vehicles. Any qualifying vehicle may park in spaces designated as restricted to vehicles driven by or transporting the handicapped.

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It shouldn't be allowed, some states it doesn't matter if the car has a handicap plate or not, if the driver or passenger is not the person the handicap plate was issued to it is an offense. I see this abused way to much, some kid gets his grandmother to sign off for him to get HC tags because he takes her for groceries once a month but the puke uses it himself everyday.

I know this is unbelievable but at WalMart I saw a 1 ton truck with a wrecker boom on it sitting there in the HC spot. IT had a HC sticker on the mirror!!!!! WTH? If I could have figured out how to take a picture with this dang cell phone I would have.

On the other hand you have to be careful judging people, some handicaps don't show readily and you can think the wrong thing.

15. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Nothing syas he can't have a car cover when parking, how long has it stayed in the spot un moved? If he is leaving it for more than a week (vacation) then I'd talk to the board

16. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

NJ Bob, I vote for 7.5's....

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, that's abuse and total BS.

A local grocery store in our town has 16 handicapped spaces, plus two for expectant mothers. I have no problem with the latter, but I'd be willing to bet that 16 legitimately handicapped people have never been in that store in any 24 hour period much less all at the same time. I've people-watched many times while my wife shopped and the apparently the main criterion for getting a handicapped sticker is that your rear end be wider than a barn door. Here's an idea -- if you weigh more than a bank safe, how about you walk the extra 50 feet and get a little exercise? This is another example of good-intentions getting out of control with government.

-Gary

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Those cars have so much acceleration that it leaves the driver handicapped due to neck injuries. Ergo, no rule broken.

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Auctioneer................BEFORE you beat the hell out of the car.....make sure there are no security cameras located there.

20. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Auctioneer................BEFORE you beat the hell out of the car.....make sure there are no security cameras located there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.