1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???Parker sxs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ross, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Anyone here on T.S. A Parker officianado ??? I have a Parker sxs ,Trojan, steel bbls., 28in., m&f, dt, very tight action, beautiful bores, good blueing, good wood,(no cracks),horrible recoil pad, (looks like it was standing on butt for 50 yrs.).. Overall i would call it in quite good condition (but i am not an appraiser either)..any info. will be greatly appreciated, collector value??? or just value ?? or just plain thoughts or opinions. Thank You in advance,,Ross Puls
  2. howie

howie Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Best place to ask this question is on the Parker Gun Collectors board (http://www.parkergun.org/). As was pointed out above, there are a ton of variables -- the principal ones being gauge, percentage of case colors remaining and the condition and registration of the of the screws. When you ask your question on that board, it would be best to include some pictures:

1. Overall gun;
    2. Four pics of the frame -- right, left, top, and bottom;
    3. Pic of the blueing on the trigger guard;
    4. Pic of the water table;
    5. Pic of the barrel flats;
    6. Pic of the rib from the top close to the muzzle;
    7. Pic of the muzzle end the gun showing how the two barrels meet;
    8. PIc9s) of any obvious flaws, dings, mars, scraps, dings, etc.

If you have stock dimensions, it would be a help but those are a secondary consideration compared to condition.

The folks on the Parker board can give you a good estimate of the gun's value and a lot of good comments on the gun's condition.

Hope this helps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

parker sxs for trap shooting