1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker sc brought back to original

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Thought I would show you a before and after photo of a sc I bought that someone had blued reciever on. Gun belonged to a active shooter in its day so had been shot alot. Had reciever restored to what it was supose to look like and the barrle brought back on face the correct way. Gun looks and functions like a new one now. Bill

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view¤t=DSC00431.jpg" target="_blank"> DSC00431.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view¤t=DSC01251.jpg" target="_blank"> DSC01251.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view¤t=DSC01253.jpg" target="_blank"> DSC01253.jpg </a>

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

That's a beauty Bill!

3. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Thats a classic, I love the parker sbt's. Thanks for doing the right thing for her.
    Tom

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice job

I wonder how many rounds had been through it

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. EEB

EEB Member

Very nice. How was the gun put back on-face? Replace the hinge-pin, or shim the hook in some fashion? Who did the case colors? More pics would be great. Thanks

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Whoever did the restoration work sure looks like they know what they are doing. Very good of you to restore a nice old gun to its former glory. That one should be around for a few shooters to come.

ss

7. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Did Doug Turnbull do the work? Anyway,.....just super nice old gun !! Congrats.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rumor is it was restored in Turkey by a Russian iron worker sure did a nice job.

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

That is lovley true Eye Candy!

10. BILL GRILL

Back on face and case colors are all that was done. Finish and barrel are the same as when I got it. It came out of Minnesota. I believe the owner was State Champ more than once. The gentleman I bought it from was well into his 80's and his Father-in-law had given it to him I believe. I got the lead on the gun on here and drove over to Duluth to pick it up. Paid 2500 and 800 for the work done. Oh ya period correct recoil pad also. Thanks for your comments. Work was done at Mark's Born Again Bird Guns in Wisc. He has just been invited to join the American Gun Makers Guild. I am not sure if he's Russian or not! LOL Bill

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Too funny Bill, good for you. That new room isn't going to be big enough the way you're going. Bob

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Nice.

Don

13. BILL GRILL

reciever redone in a little shop in Mosinee, Wi. I can't afford Turnbul or Delgreco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.