1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Reproductions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdogs, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have 2 Parker Reproductions, both in 28 Ga. with 26 in barrels. They have single triggers, splinter forends and straight (English) grips. Both have beautiful wood. Neither gun has been fired and they are NIB. One of the guns has never even been put together.

The frame of one of the guns gun was treated by a noted English gunmaker with Gunlock varnish to preserve the case colors. He said that, in spite of the regular use to which I put my guns, it would last for 5 years before it would have to be redone. He claimed that the colors would remain bright if I continue to treat it. Both guns have factory cases with the leather over-case.

I have not decided to sell either one yet but was curious about what such guns would bring today?

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

These guns peaked a few years ago and prices have settled in around $4000-4500 retail for guns such as you described. Beaver tail forends and double triggers bring a premium. You'll see some higher prices, but they are not selling.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I dont agree with Boomer at all

First the single trigger guns are more in demand than the double trigger

Second the price range seems to be in the $2500-3500 range for used ones -- now I am not sure what NIB means in every case but I do know that if a gun has been treated with varnish it is not NIB

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Thanks, Boomer. Maybe I should just use the Gunlock treated one and retire my other two favorite SxSs; at least for a while. I still have 2+ months left in the season.

I'll keep the other one as NIB.

5. wm rike

wm rike Member

Before Boomer posted, I would have said $4500 for a 28. The straight grip, splinter, single trigger mix is the defacto standard for pricing inasmuch as this probably describes 95% of the repros. Everything else, BT, pistol grip, and double trigger is outside the window of what everybody wanted, but if any of those options are on a person's want list, they will likely have to pay more because of their scarcity. If the guns are are NIB, you can afford to be a bit sutbborn on price, but be mindful that that level of condition is not yet rare.

6. sp45

sp45 TS Member

who was the maker, Ct Gun Co? is this an ejector gun? I would be interested in some potos. Tom sp0045@earthlink.net

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

They were all ejector guns and made over yonder in Nippon land.

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Birdogs, put your money on Boomer.

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Boomer is right on target with his pricing and the desired options. Beavertail, double triggers, Q1 & Q2 chokes all add greatly to the price as there are not nearly as many of the guns with these options. The 28Ga is the darling of the repros as it is scaled to the gauge and usually weigh around 5 pounds 10 ounces. They did peak a couple years ago and I sold a number of the 28's for around $5000 NIC. Now they are bringing around $4300 - $4500 depending on the configuration. 20Ga guns are running around $3500 for NIC. If the stock has been cut price drops drastically. Any alterations to these guns really affects price. They are a lot of gun for the money! I love these guns and I've sold a lot them. I keep buying them because I can't find another gun of equal value with the exception of maybe the AYA #2 guns and they have really gone up in price. I looked for several years to find a 28GA with beavertail, double triggers, Q1 & Q2 chokes, and straight grip, and when I found one I didn't dicker on the price.

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I had one with pistol grip, single trigger, beavertail forend and Q1 and Q2 chokes. Cost me $2,310 delivered back in 1995 from Dave Riffle. Imagine that!!!!

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

28" barrel 28 gauges are quite scarce unless part of a two barrel set. Like double triggers and beavertail forends, 28" barrels sell for a premium, if you can find one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.