1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jsa3107, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just bought a DH grade Parker
    The latch is left of center
    The gun is in very good shape and I bought it right
    I was wondering would anyone know who might be a gun smith that works on Parkers
    that I could send it to

Also if it is left of center is it safe to shoot?
    The gun isnt loose...
    Thanks for any help

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If you know how to fit, I have 4 OEM bolt plates with retainer pins.

3. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Sir:,

My opinion,for quality restoration of fine firearms,Doug Turnbull-------

www.turnbullrestoration.com

Bloomfield,NY.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Turnbull does beautiful work but he charges you big time for it.. Try Doug Braker (Dr Gun), Give him a call. He can proberly rebuild the block and refit it.

5. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

DR Gun?

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If the above bolt plates would do the trick, you could correct the problem yourself.

I don't remember how much oversize they come. If they don't do the trick, the locking bolt can be welded up, re-squared, and ground to fit.

A few months ago I had one in from one of the locals that shoots a lot of 'clays events. This thing was loose-as-a-goose. I welded the bolt, squared up the end, but still could not get it to look tight enough. I had to make a new lock plate with plenty of extra material on top.

If it would just need a rebuild of the bolt, I charge $125. But if the lockplate also needs to be made, you would be looking at another $125.

Though I definitely do not have the experience of Delgreco or Turnbull, with regards to full restorations, while I worked at Kolar, we(4 of us), built 12 Parkers from scrath for Remington, in the late 80's. Remington shelfed the project when we convinced them that the 3200 trigger was no where near the trigger the Miller was. All 12 guns were shootable. Art Wheaton (CEO-Dupont) got one. He just recently (pass few years) donated to some museum. I think Don Mainland still has one also.(Wish I had one too!!!)

Doug

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I bought 6 bolt plates off of Larry Del Greco SR. about 25 years ago. I have 4 left if anybody needs one I will sell them for $25 each with the retainer pin. This is about what I paid for them back then. toolmaker251@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.