1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Hale .243 need bolt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappermike, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

A friend of mine recently accquired a Parker Hale .243 Winchester as part of a several gun swap. The problem is that it came without a bolt. I was told that a 8mm Mauser bolt would fit, but the bolt that i have hits the safety on the gun. ANy advice on where to get a bolt to fit it? No model number that we could find on the gun. ANy help would be appreciated.

Mike

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Interarms Mark X should be almost the sme action.

HM

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

it is a Mark X

4. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Do not just stick any bolt that will close in this gun. All bolts for the same gun/manufacturer are different to some degree. A gunsmith needs to check the headspace as it could be excessive and unsafe to fire. When a rifle is built, it is set up with the bolt that is in it. That is why both the action and the bolt will share all or part of the serial number of the rifle so they can be kept matched together.

5. johnpe

johnpe Member

I've only seen a couple of the Parker Hale bolt guns, but one of them used a Springfield bolt!! It's been a few years, but I think it was a bolt for an O3-A3 with the bolt handle bent down and a couple of other cosmetic changes.

Johnpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.