1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by minnship8, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I have a Parker 20ga that my ex dropped and cracked the stock on years ago and the barrels no longer latch closed.

Can I get a referral to capable gunsmith please?

Thanks,
    Chip

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

Send it to Dave Wolf in Waco Texas. You won't be able to find the crack when he is finished and as nice a guy as you will ever deal with. Super fast turn around as well.

3. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Delgreco if he is still in opertion....But Esetter most likely has more experience in these thing than I. Hes a good honest fellow follow his lead.
    Joe

4. magic

magic Member

I agree on Delgreco....

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So you guys that recomended Delgreco, How many guns have you sent him? How many have you had in your hands he fixed? You guys always recomend Turnbull or Delgreco while there are a lot of competent people who will do as good a job for alot less.

Chip, You would be well advised to follow Esetter's lead look at some of the guns he has had done. He is talking from first hand experience not internet hearsay. While Delgreco and Turnbull's work are second to none you can get just as good a job for alot less. jmho Bill

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that the old man has retired and the sons are now doing the work.

7. howie

howie Member

You want:

Larry Del Grego & Son
    1757 Barringer Road
    Ilion, NY 13357
    315-894-8754

The original Larry Del Grego worked for Remington both in Meridian and Ilion. When Remington stop working on Parkers, he brought all the Parker spare parts from Remington and opened his own business specializing in work on Parkers and Remington Model 32s. The original Larry Del Grgo is dead, but his son "Babe" took over the business. He is still around, but his son Lawrence operates the shop now. They do excellent work with good turn around times.

8. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Lawrence Del Grego will restock your gun and fix the mechanical problems Dave Wolf will fix the stock for an invisible repair. I have experience with both of these great people, would recommend either. Fixing the stock is the easier way out.

9. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Bill, Why so pompous? As a matter of fact, I have owned a few DelGrego Parker restorations. For years they were the go to for Parker restoration. Been a while since I have owned one that is why I offered my opinion to the OP as stated and solicited. Having said that I am sure there are others that do competent work. I also know Esetter fairly well and do respect his opinion as I stated. Owning a Parker, Winchester, Remington, Krieghoff or what ever certainly does not make one an authority. I do know you often get what you pay for. Minnship8 ask for opinions I offered mine.
    Regards, Joe

10. pdq

pdq Member

Vicknair Restorations specializes in vintage shotguns.

Very highly regarded for his work, located in Lititz, PA.

Pete

11. wm rike

wm rike Member

Mr. Grill makes a point. As for Del Grego, I had some work done on a Parker years ago and was very unimpressed. People drag out that last employee stuff, but it doesn't mean beans.

12. MarkyMark

MarkyMark TS Member

You would better suited asking this on this question on the Parker forum. Don't forget Kirk Merington in Texas also.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Pompous? Joe you obviously do not know me. I get tired of hearing the big names thrown around by people that have never had one done. I can show you you a lot of restorations by people you never heard of. There is a lot of talent out there. I bought a LC that was restored by someone nobody ever heard of, sent it to Ivory Beads to sell after I had it for a couple of years and they said it was one of the best restorations they had seen. Sold for a price that verified it. Done for probably a third of the price of the big guys.

You want talent check out Mike Crevar, MBAB LLC, Brad Bachelder, Just to name a few.

Also you offered your opinion, I offered mine. That and 2 bucks will buy a cup of coffee! :) Regards, Bill Grill

14. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Bill, your absolutely right, I don't know you and you do not know me. I offered an opinion to the OP and you responded,
    "So you guys that recomended Delgreco, How many guns have you sent him? How many have you had in your hands he fixed?"
    Does that not sound a little pompous?
    Seemed to me that as far as you were concerned we were just throwing around a "big familiar name" and our little "unexperienced" comments could not compair to your vast years of knowledge.
    Again your right, I don't know you. You may very well be the leading authority in arranging the connection of Parker shotgun owners and restoration sevice providers. But again, maybe not.... Have another cup of coffee.
    Regards, Joe

15. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I saw a Parker Skeet gun before and after DelGrego restored it.

It was a long time ago, say late 70s or very early 80s; the job was stunning.

In my opinion, and I'm sure many of you would have agreed, the gun was junk.

Wood cracked, no finish, rust, everything bad. It came back looking like it was NOS.

Not sure who runs the business now but if they still do work like the above they can have my business.

Regards....Gerald

16. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

Keith Kercher in Oregon.

17. clb

clb TS Member

Chip,

If we knew where you lived it would be easier to give you a reference.

You may have two separate problems or depending on where the crack is, that may be why the barrels won't latch.

Del Grego and Turnbull are well known for Parker restorations but as mentioned, there are many others who can do the repairs you need that may be local for you. All those mentioned so far are well respected.

18. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Chuck,
    Chicago area.

Thanks,
    Chip

19. clb

clb TS Member

Chip, I'd either drive or send it to Brad Bachelder in Grand Rapids MI

Visit the Parker web site and you'll find plenty of good references for Brad's work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
20 ga rem mod 31 f sale
del greco guns

del grego gunsmith

delgreco shotgun restorations
delgrego do bad work
keith kercher gunsmith
larry delgrego & sons
larry joe greco ilion new york gun repair barringer road