1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker GHE Skeet VERIFIED

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by gastrap, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastrap

gastrap TS Member

0   0   0

My heartiest thanks to all you Parker experts on this forum for the kick in the ass that forced me to better research this gun. I just got off the phone with the DelGregos, remember them? The father and Grandfather worked at Parker gun works.
    They verified my gun truly is an early Skeet gun. The checkering pattern is correct, the skeet in and skeet out stamps are correct and what appears to be a non-standard forend is in fact proper for a 20's skeet gun. It was known as the BIG beaver tail forend. It is identified by the thickness at the rear by the forend iron. The later ones curved inward instead of outward like this one.
    I would really appreciate it if the expert who said George Halas was an avid skeet shooter would repost it for all to see. It could well be true. Obviously you don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.