1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker DH...sale, trade, keep?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I have a very nice Parker DH, Damascus barrels, 16ga, small frame, skeleton butt...wonderful little gun. The value for Parkers is all over the place, and I realize now is not a good time to sell high priced guns. I would like to get a 28ga Parker Repro 2 barrel set. Any suggestions? Thanks, WC
    dolphin77_2008_030388.jpg

dolphin77_2008_030389.jpg

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Yeah, sell the 16 to me and start searching for the Repro. The Repros are selling way below their peak right now. My email is dead in the water for a couple of days, unfortunately.

3. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

How much do you want for your Parker?

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

If this was a smokeless powder gun- then you have a market

a blackpowder gun- pretty limited market and price- might just be a wall hanger for you

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thats a nice looking Parker. Perhaps you could get tubes to shoot 28 ga. in it? I reload black powder shells for a damascus hammer gun but it is a 12 ga., messy but fun shooting. Have my Dad's DHE in the back of the gun safe. It might be going to a vintage 5 stand shoot soon.Not for sale though.

7. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Just for everyones info a good Damascus barrel is very safe to shoot with normal loads...I've gotten more than one opinion on that from several very accomplished gunsmiths...also the barrels have 28ga tubes done by SkeetMaster several years ago...I just don't especially like the double triggers..WC

8. EEB

EEB Member

I doubt that gun has ever shot a black powder shell.

9. pdq

pdq Member

I have an 1889 P grade Parker that takes 2 1/2" shells. I buy smokeless powder, low pressure shells from RST -- do a Google on them. Perfectly safe with Damascus or Twist barrels as they are made to only produce max chamber pressure that is same as black powder.

Lots of fun shooting trap and breaking targets with a 120 year old gun.

Have fun.
    Pete

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I like the gun but can't email you right now. However, I can receive email at the above email address. Send me some further information and the price of your 16 gauge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.