1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Bros & LC Smith 16ga SXS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by arms1938, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arms1938

arms1938 TS Member

Looking for pricing on 2 side by sides. a friends grandfather had them and she is looking to sell them.

first one is an LC Smith Ser# 216083-E, 16 ga, Trap grade, 28" barrels, 2 triggers, 1913 with trap house and 5 shooters engraved on it.

2nd one is a Parker Bros BH Grade 5, ser# 232214, 16 ga, 28" barrel, SXS 2 triggers, Titanic steel, engraved, made in 1929.

I will have pictures next week, will be off shooting this weekend.

Thanks for any help. E-mail me direct if you want Pics and intrested in buying them.

Mike

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Condition? I assume the BH is actually a BHE. Assuming there is no significant flaws, that's a big buck gun. The Smith would be worth a lot but not as much as the Parker as its not as high a grade but I suspect not real common to find the 16 in a Trap. If nobody else responds, I'll get my Brophy book out and see what I can find on the Smith.

3. arms1938

arms1938 TS Member

Thanks for the info. have gotten a few e mail of intrest but no values.
    Both guns in very good condition. The Parker needs some stock work, bore's very clean, no rust, very tight when you close them. send me an e mail & I will send pics first of the week.
    Mike

4. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

It would be best that you go to a gunshow or two and look for the same gun or one that is close to what you have. That way you can weed out those people who want to steal it from you.

5. Edward Turner

Edward Turner TS Member

Pick up a copy of Shooting Sportsman magazine. It's full of dealers that specialize in guns exactly like those. If they don't list those same guns for sale in their ads, they would sure be able to let you know what they're worth.

6. clb

clb TS Member

Mike,

According to the Parker Serialization book, you have a DHE grade, 16ga., capped pistol grip, with 28" Titanic steel barrels. The serialization book is not perfect and could be wrong. Check the water table of the receiver, above the serial number should be the grade letter and below the serial number should be the model number (3 for D grade and 5 for B grade.) As with any Parker, condition is king. You can also check out the doublegun web site, they have recent auction prices realized. Also check Puglese's Gun Imporium and Galazan's web site for prices they have listed. You can send me pictures and I may be able to help you establish a price range. Please remove the x's on the e-mail address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lc smith 16ga trap

parker bh sxs