1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parents take aim at gun range near school

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

'Parents take aim at proposed gun range near elementary school

A Connecticut town is caught up in a heated debated over whether a proposed gun range should be built just hundreds of feet from a local elementary school.

"I'd say total insanity. A gun range should not be put next to a school, period. Put it on the outskirts of Waterbury, or somewhere else," community activist Lisa Lessard said in a video posted by NBC Connecticut.

Proponents of the development say the gun range and accompanying gun store would post no actual risk to young students next door at the Sprague Elementary School in Waterbury, Connecticut.

Nonetheless, the local Board of Education sued the city last summer after it approved zoning for the gun range...'

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/parents-aim-proposed-gun-range-near-elementary-school-000356541.html

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Wonderful media coverage ain't it???

Since the link posted does not work, you can Click Here to get the full story.

They do not even bother to specify if it is an indoor range, which I suspect it is, or an outdoor range. And note that parents are afraid of "the lead from the gun shells". So we can throw in the "Lead Bogey Man" to raise the fear of the uninformed readers so we can influence the outcome. (Personally I would have more fears about the lead that is in the bullets. not the shells.) Or is this just another example of the eastern liberal "NIMBY" mentality?

Oh yes, here is yet another indication of the quality of the thought processes people in charge of public education are (not) using!

Oh and by the way for the number of posts that the original poster puts up, you might think that she would learn to check to see if links she posts even work!

3. JayFredMuggs

JayFredMuggs TS Member

Appose? Can't find that word in my dictionary. Must be the Dumbass spelling for "oppose".

Should be decent weather for the Delaware State Shoot this coming weekend.

4. APrice

APrice Active Member

Warm and sunny here today!

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

After all this rain I had to start cutting grass.

6. notenoughguns

notenoughguns Member

Looks like a humid Memorial day weekend for Pa .

DAN

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its to bad the parents weren't as concerned as to the c$$p being fed their kids by the shovel full in the classroom versus their fear of a business.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Nice going skeety, you managed to get one of your anti gun rants posted on the shooting related section, under the guise of a shooting related topic.

Like this story never happened before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.