1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Parcel Post Shipping

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Has anyone shipped a package through the USPS Parcel Post? I usually ship Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. However, this time due to the package being somewhat large, weighed 25# and I really wasn't in a big hurry ; I decided to save about $20 and have it shipped "Parcel Post". (Insured) I asked the postal clerk for delivery confirmation and she said that as I had the package insured it would have to be signed for and I didn't need that option. (After thinking about it that prevented me from tracking it). Well anyway, my receipt said the estimated delivery would be Dec. 12th. (I mailed it Dec. 7th). I suppose I'm reading too much into this but it seems the package should have arrived by now; as it only had to be shipped about 600 miles. Thanks. I now know I will only ship Priority with delivery confirmation.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Likely they're not finished playing soccer with it yet. ;-)

It could be the busy season. I don't have luck with Priority being fast, at least when I'm on the receiving end of it.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Parcel Post is the cheapest and slowest. Most circumstances it travels by ground only. This means mutiple stops and sometimes out of route. It is alsolast on the priority list meaning no rush. Priority is sent by air. Under most circumstances, it takes the fastest and most straight forward route. It will get there, it just may take a week. I sent a package to a fella Parcel Post two weeks ago to my neighboring State. Less than 300 miles and it took almost 7 days. You need also remember, it is the busiest time of the year for the PO and package handling companies. Every package i have sent or received by Priority is there in 3 days or less. Most times its two days across Country. Parcel is usually there in a week.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just mailed a Mini-lathe (two boxes) and rock tumbler Parcel Post. No problems. It's the best price for heavy packages, and I had them insured and signed for delivery for very little.

5. copper

copper Member

I always go priority flat rate if can very fast a package I recied from OH to PA second day from NM to here two day getting today Only way I ship stuff to my son over seas in service flat rate cheap and fast Dave

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Priority Post was two days from Southern California to Kentucky.

Extra couple of dollars was worth it for me.

Dave

7. porky

porky TS Member

I recently had a 5 lb package mailed( Oct 24th) priority mail, in one of the post offices boxes. It didn't arrive until Nov 8th. It went to Washington DC from upstate NY. The reason it took so long is that I didn't insure it nor have it tracked. Yoou have to get tracking on a package. I usually have it insured and it takes 3 days at the most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap the post parcel