1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"PAPER OR PLASTIC ..."

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kuelblaz, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuelblaz

kuelblaz TS Member

Which do you prefer, paper or plastic? I'm sure there are many opinions on this topic. If you prefer paper, what kind? I've never shot paper hulls and since I reload, they wouldnt last as long, but I'm interested to try them maybe. My son and I shot 1-1/8oz AA hulls reloaded to 1145 with Intl Clays. Love it! Just wondering what other folks prefer...

Best regards,

K.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Paper or plastic?

Next time you are at the market and the check out clerk asks "Paper or plastic?" Say "It doesn't matter, I am bisacksual!" Guaranteed you get that dumb look until they figuer it out then laugh.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I almost never shoot factory ammo, but my favorite load is in a paper hull. I load a 1 1/8 ounce Handicap load in a Paper, one ounce in a Fed promo hull, 24 gram Skeet in a Remmy promo hull, and a Bunker load in a Diana or Kemen hull.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

No Ahab they ask because "Baggers can't be choosers"

Don

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Ive always liked paper Federals.

Ammo at the Grand was usually marked as such years ago and in my opinion was a bit hotter than usual.

I usually reloaded them twice before discarding. Havent tried the new ones but my son likes the plastic GMs.

Regards...Gerald

6. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

The ONLY place in MT one even finds Fed GM's are from the vendors at shoots. The 100 Value paks are easy to find at Wally world but TARGET ammo is rare.

I know newer shooters who have NEVER seen much less shot any paper shells. Though the Fiocchis are becoming common now.

I shot some papers this weekend that had been reloaded back in 1996, and had been stored properly since. They REALLY DO seem to shoot a bit softer and they DO break them at Hcp distances quite well. Too bad they run close to a hundred a flat! (91 bucks...close to a 100)

FN in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.