Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Federals ?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  JACK 
#1 ·
Will that be covered by your health insurance? HMB

#4 ·
Put a target box full of once fired paper Federals in the back seat of your vehicle and let it sit overnight. You will have a wonderful smell in your vehicle that should last at least until the next shoot.

I used to own a Ford Club Wagon van with cloth seating for eight. I was shooting Federal papers then and often had 500 or so empties in the back. The oder permeated the cloth seats and hung around for a while.

I liked the smell and the wife did not mind it either.

Ed Ward

#9 ·
MIA, you are a class guy. I shot Fed papers and Winchester super targets from early 71 until 81-82. Then the Fed Gold Medal took over for me. That box in your picture post of the Super targets must be the later ones. All the boxes I had were the old 500 shells per case. I still have some Winchester wads for reloading those old paper cases. Thanks for the memories. Nothing like a cold morning and the first few rounds out of the barrel with Fed papers or Super targets. Lance Howard

#11 ·
Lance. I bought 20 flats of Papers this late spring. Cost me $81 a flat. Got $20 back on Federal "Rebate". Have standing orders for the hulls at a nickel a pc. final cost to me...$48 a flat. I shoot these for handicap only. 2-3/4 dr, 7.5s

But we reload for singles around here. My son-in-law shoots ATA now (doing well too) and my daughter is enjoying league shooting too. I use reloads for singles and practice. We are currently loading a standard 1160 fps load using Clays powder a fig 8, in a Win primed STS hull. They look pretty good because I have altered my 502-100 MEC bar to drop 1-1/16 ounce lead. Lotsa pellets as we stick with 8s.

Next year I will find some other folks I can trust a $100 rebate to... I often use my wife's daughter and wife's sister, but my wife always tells them to "spend it on something you want". So my real cost is still up there in the $60 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.