1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paper Cards/2 Yd Reductions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I haven't be reading all the threads on the 2 yd reductions but I did read that you had to have your paper card to get your reduction at the up coming shoots. From being the tournament director at the Ohio State shoot for the past 5 years I know that if a shooter hasn't paid his dues for the current year Bubba's syestem locks them out and they can't be classified until they pay there dues. At that time the ATA data base is accessed and whatever yardage they are listed for on the data base is their yardage.

So I would think that if a shooter would get to the Silver Dollar without paying his dues you would have to follow the yardage listed on the ATA site. I don't know how else you could do it. Brad Dysinger

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

If he isn't a paid-up member he doesn't get the reduction anyway.

jim brown

3. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Jim, So only life members and current paid members get the reductions, shooters who wait to re up at their first shoot are out of luck? Who told you this? We have more than a few ATA members here in Ohio that join at their first shoot in the spring and aren't current paid members of the ATA right now even though they have been members for many years. Brad

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

From an earlier post:

tanda1_2009_300749.jpg

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Right at the moment, I would recommend that any one who has not yet renewed their membership contact your Delegate after you have renewed your membership and request a Special Review.

I can't guarantee that you will get the 2-yard reduction, but I also can't see why you wouldn't (if your handicap average is below your Zone break point.)

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It's to bad that they EC didn't anticipate the problems before they made the decision until after. Sounds like amateur hour.

How about the shooters who got a 4 yd reduction. Now they have to go back thru and correct those. Delay - delay. This might get cleaned up by the Grand.

Don

7. dirk

dirk Member

Since the "current" year started months ago I doubt if it seriously affects many shooters. Unless the shooter(s) quit shooting in August.............

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Many of us stop shooting ATA targets after August. Weather, hunting season, and school starts.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Lets say you get the new paper/card in the mail--don't refuse the reduction--but suddenly produce the card just before a champioship event--where do you shoot? Do you shoot @ the yardage that you were classified at? Things could be very interesting @ the Fl Chain.

Phil Berkowitz

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Well Phil I guess you could get suspended for a year...

11. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Phil,
    I've fished in tournaments for $1000 prize and $1,000,000 prize. I've never worried about how someone was going to cheat, I just worked on how I was going to fish the best to win. And yes, I've won two tournaments in my life on polygraphs where I was the second place finisher at the end of the tournament and they booted the first place finisher for failing the polygraph. One of those, the first prize was only $2,500.

My job is to shoot, the tournament officials job is to try and run a clean and fair event. If I point the gun right every time, a cheater can't beat me. That's the only thing I concern myself with, it helps keep my head in my game.

Regards,
    Chip

12. Robb

Robb Member

I guess it's never been made clear to me. Are they using the 2011 or the 2012 average? I only have 300 in 2012 so it's not a fair sample imo.

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Phil said: "Lets say you get the new paper/card in the mail--don't refuse the reduction--but suddenly produce the card just before a champioship event--where do you shoot? Do you shoot @ the yardage that you were classified at?"

I guess I don't understand the problem. If you got a normal 1000 target review and a reduction in the mail just before you went to a big shoot like a satellite grand why would that be considered cheating to shoot from your new yardage ?? If you were talking about a mistaken 4 yard reduction instead of a valid 2 yard reduction then you are breaking the rule about shooter's responsibility to shoot from the correct yardage.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

An example is the following: Lets say I'm @ the Dixie Grand--shoot a preliminary event from my old yardage. I tell the classifier that I'm 2 yds closer according to the ATA site. But since I don't have the card I'm shooting 2 yds farther back. Recieve the card on Sat. Can I get reclassified prior to the Championship event on Sun.

Phil Berkowitz

15. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

16. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

17. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Sorry Phil, I read the question wrong. Jerry is right. You could reclassify.

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

"making note: Dear Diary, today I was right .. Thank you" LOL

19. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I'm glad this issue is now so clear, to all the shooters PMing me please keep doing it I like to hear from you and I'm glad so many shooters are upset and or confused about this issue but I honestly don't have anymore idea on what is going on than you do.

The ATA web site shows Dirk Meckstroth getting two yards off. Last year his average was below the 91 break point, this year he has a 100% single average on 400 and a handicap average over 94 on about the same number, he'll be tough to beat from 25.

If I get a reduction it will be the first one I've ever been offered and I will take it. I might start shooting some of these non registered calcutta's again, the ones you get two yards off your ATA yardage, I haven't seen the 23 since 1974 but think I can learn to shoot it with time. Brad

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just think how much more competitive if all the 27's went to 25the yds. From there I think I could shoot with them....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.