1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

palm swell opnion?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

do you think a palm swell gives you more control of the pistol grip area were needed? Futhermore, does a deep palm swell reduce recoil?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

How would a palm swell even remotely reduce recoil? LOL

3. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

Its really personal preference. I like a deep palm swell it fills the gap and gives me better trigger control.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The palm swell on my Wenig new American trap stock is awesome feels great hand settle right in. If it fits well and you like they are good. I tried a few of the stick on palmswells on my 870 they are ok for a while then start to slip. Playing around with a old 870 stock i built a custom trap stock with palmswell and molded finger grips out of fiberglass. It was ugly but I liked that stock until I bought my XT. Sold that ugly thing. Silly putty works good to find right shape and size.

5. smsnyder

how a DEEP palm swell reduces recoil is when gun is fired the center of the palm is taking the recoil not the wrist area. when the center of the palm area takes more recoil so does the recoil to the shoulder drop. i am building such a stock now.

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

When the grip and palm swell fit they are equal to or better than sliced bread. They may help reduce felt recoil if they allow the butt to be mounted more snugly on the shoulder.

Rollin

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I like the palm swell because the arthritis in my right hand is able to hold the gun more comfortable. The Kickeez palm swell with a little brown electrical tape and I'm good to go.

Jerbear

8. smsnyder

rollin, you are correct. it takes a skilled stock maker to build a quality stock. it takes many personal fittings to get stock just right.

9. smsnyder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.