1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Palin wacks the media

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If you didn't watch Mrs. Palin last night you missed a real treat. Sahra hammer the Democartic tick and the rats we call a media. What a great speaker and for my money canidate to be a step away form the oval office. She was awesome and has given McCain a big boost.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

FOX also wacked the media....

<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='FOX News' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=undefined&referralObject=3064954' />

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Right on Joe. That slimeball from US magazine should crawl back under his rock.

Buz

4. IM390

IM390 Member

She not only hit the ball out of the park, she also hit it out of the parking lot. I hear Obama is Palin this morning. I think she ought to change her business card to "Have Guns, Will Travel".

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Of coarse anyone would make Bush look good. There were times when I could of swore the guy was illiterate."

ROFLMAO.

Go to dictionary.com and look up "coarse" and "course". Also missing the comma after "coarse". Also, it is, "I could HAVE SWORN". Also, I am sure that Bush "WAS" illiterate, like everyone else until they learned to read and write.

As such, a literate person would have written: "Of course, anyone would make Bush look good. There were times when I could have sworn the guy is illiterate."

Pretty impressive, four illiterate mistakes in two short sentences. The good news is that you may be right, YOU certainly make Bush look good.

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

goose2,

Don't you just hate it when you are made to look like B.O. without a teleprompter!!!LMAO.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well JBrooks, if you want to slice it thinner, it should have been, "There were times when I could have sworn the guy WAS illiterate."

Use of "is" mixes present tense with past tense.

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Don't you hate it when we make this personal?? Bottom line Mrs.Palin slapped back and there are a lot of bruised faces and egos if the morons that call them selves journalist have any class or self respect at all.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It doesn't mix tenses because we are talking about two different people/things.

"Were" refers to the time continuum of the speaker, meaning in his past timeline there occurred points when he could have made a declarative statement about state of literacy of Bush. We have to assume that Bush hasn't become literate as an adult so he actually was literate at those past points and, of course is still literate now, not a changed state.

So, the was/is refers to Bush's timeline of his state of literacy.

Correctly demonstrated as in:

"There were times when I could have sworn the earth is round"

Using "was" would imply a changeable state.

Correctly demonstrated as in:

There were times I could have sworn that glass of water was ice.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Aw hell, I should stick to stuff I know....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.