1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Palin - Maybe you better look again at her

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by wireguy, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Click on the link above to get to the interview link - wireguy

Posted by Ben Howe

Thursday, July 14th at 9:49PM EDT

It’s been almost three years since I, along with many others, was introduced to Governor Sarah Palin. In that time we have been saturated with coverage of her and just about everybody on the left and the right, has had the opportunity to get to know who she is and what they think of her.

At least that’s what I thought.

Admittedly, it took me some time to actually post this review of the recently released film “The Undefeated” about Sarah Palin’s meteoric rise to fame. It took time because, for numerous reasons, Sarah Palin is an emotional topic for a lot of people.

She seems to be one of those national figures that you either love with adoring affection, or hate with an uncontrollable rage. Rarely have I met someone who simply doesn’t have an opinion of her. Many pretend to, but most you can see through. At least I can. I can see through it because my opinion of her was much more specific than I ever liked to admit.

Certainly I believed that the media had been incredibly unkind to her. I believed that her stepping down as Governor was more the loss of an intense battle than simply the “giving up to go get rich” that others had labeled it. But in truth, I didn’t too much care for her, in spite of my public facade of being mostly opinion free.

I didn’t think she’d really done much in Alaska, or if she had, that it was enough to act like she was the second coming of Reagan. I thought that her contributions when being interviewed were bubble-gum and lacking of any real substance. I would never finish hearing a story about her and think, “Wow, I never thought of that before.” I just didn’t see that she had that much to offer.

There was so much media coverage of Palin, and so many people that were incredibly unfair to her, that I had been desensitized. I didn’t realize it, but I had actually developed a sort of immunity to believing anything positive about Sarah Palin. Rush Limbaugh, a personal hero of mine, sang her praises every time her name came up. In spite of that, I still felt no reason to look further into her story.

Rush had actually gotten to the point of making it a personal game to get opinions about Palin from others because he finds the dislike remarkable. I recall that one time, he was marveling that even the conservatives that don’t want her to run for president, still talk about how great they think she is, and it seemed to confuse him. I tried to call in to tell him, “Rush, they’re saying that because they’re afraid of you! They can’t admit they don’t like Palin to you because they know you do like her and you’re the voice of the movement!”

I was absolutely right that this was the case for many people, but the only reason I knew it, was because I was one of them. Hell, if I’d actually gotten through and had the opportunity to say this to him, and he’d asked me my opinion, I’m sure I would’ve acted like she was the cat’s pajamas, just to save face.

Ultimately, I thought she was the type of political force that was going to be around, needed to be treaded on carefully, but would never have anything substantial to offer to the cause of conservatism other than rallying troops which I still believed was a valuable service.

I thought she hadn’t gotten a fair shake in the media, but I felt confident that I could see through the bias and that I understood who she was, what she had done and what my opinion would probably be about her going forward.

I was entirely incorrect.

I consider the director of “The Undefeated”, Stephen Bannon, to be a friend of mine. He’s advised me in my own fledgling productions. I’ve interviewed him a handful of times on my podcast and we always talk for over an hour effortlessly. When I heard he was making this film, I immediately wanted to interview him, but I assumed that everything I knew about Palin would simply be confirmed by watching this.

We popped the film into our DVD player, and sat back to watch. One thing I had no doubts about was that Stephen Bannon would make a visually impressive, compelling film that would stir emotion. I was pleased to see that he used his trademark method of letting the people directly tied to the events tell the story (I often find narration cumbersome) adding their own particular emotions and perspectives to the narrative. These were all things that I expected and Bannon did not disappoint.

The film moves at a breakneck pace while still laying out a level of detail that brings you so close to the events, you feel like you personally experienced them.

Even had the substance not convinced me that I had Mrs. Palin pegged wrong, the film itself would most certainly have scored high for me as my all important test was passed: Did I look at my watch? No I did not.

In short, the execution of this film is excellent.

But what had me and my wife blown away by the time it was over, was the avalanche of information and perspectives that had been hidden from us over the years. As I would like for you to listen to my interview with Steve, I will not get into the substance of what caused the change. I want you to hear it for yourself.

I pride myself on my ability to know when something is baloney, almost instinctively. On Sarah Palin, I was so incredibly hoodwinked that the one word that my wife and I agreed described how we felt after watching it, was shame. Yes of course invigoration, satisfaction and all the other things you experience when watching a good film, but about how we had handled our vetting of Mrs. Palin, shame was the word that best described it.

Shame for not bothering to look up her record. Shame for not reading her story. Shame for turning the channel when she came on the tv. Shame for not listening to people that we had a great deal of respect for like Andrew Breitbart, Tammy Bruce, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

As Breitbart points out in the film, the greatest shame is that while this woman was savaged to degrees you may not even realize yet, some of us sat back and let it happen. For me to buy into the media template and not defend someone who’s only offense was being a conservative, is the absolute antithesis of what I stand for, and something that I shall never allow to happen again.

I urge you to see this film when it hits theaters tomorrow. And I urge you to put aside your preconceptions about who this woman is. You don’t have to think she should be the next president to believe that the way she has been presented, even by conservatives, has been completely wrong.

Please listen to my interview with Mr. Bannon:

Download audio here

Then go see the film:

Follow @Ben_Howe

P.S. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that there will be a private viewing of the film with Stephen Bannon in attendance, at the RedState gathering in Charleston, SC August 12th through the Au

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Wireguy, let me know when you want to go and I'll buy the popcorn, no Kool-Aid.

Robert

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Let's see:

A.) Courageous, independent, self made, wife and mom, former governor, True american (etc., etc.)

-OR-

B.) Liar, communist, Anti-American, puppet, narcissistic, Kenyan.

Hmmmm.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No matter the person or the subject it takes a big man to admit his errors. My hats off to you "wireguy".

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Perception is reality to the uninformed. She was eaten alive by the lib media and too many bought the load of crap they were pedaling. Sad this day in age too many don't draw their own conclusions from their own research and facts. Sarah is three thing the libs HATE. Attractive,a woman and a conservative. I would love to see Bachmann and Palin take over leadership of this country and watch the libs cry themselves to sleep every night.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It shows how far the liberal\progressive media has gotten that they can do a character assassination on Palin and get so many people to go with it. It's shocking to see how many normally clear thinking individuals fall into line with the media. She is a wonderful asset to this country, too bad she had to be fed to the wolves to pave the way for Bachmann. She will get the last laugh I predict.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

She's way smarter than anybody knows! She came from a normal, nuclear family. Her parents were just average Americans who survived the depression like many of our parents did. As a youngster, she probably learned the kinds of lessons that many of us learned. You know; don't argue with idiots, when whitling, never carve toward yourself, keep your powder dry, give your enemy enough rope.......

Whether every known voting aged American likes it or not, she's a winner.

And she CAN win.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

What really pisses me off is how the frigin media cut her down saying she has no experiance in this and that, and they back a friging community organizer who has never run a lemonade stand

It's pathetic, I hope to hell she runs and beats the clown in there now

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"What really pisses me off is how the frigin media cut her down saying she has no experiance in this and that, and they back a friging community organizer who has never run a lemonade stand "</i>

Welcome to mainstream media hypocrisy.

I thought Palin was a breath of fresh air, and were it not for her in the VP slot with McLame I would have voted third party. I was not going to vote for McLame because he is an anti-gunner, and came to Oregon to help pass an anti-gun ballot initiative.

I was not happy with some of the taxes Palin put on businesses in Alaska. In this she is dangerously close to having liberal tendencies.

I was miffed over her resigning instead of slugging it out. No one likes a quitter. If she can't handle the job as governor how can she aspire to the White House?

Regardless, she's not an anti-gunner, so that has my attention right there. I think there are better candidates than her, but if she winds up on the ballot, so be it. I'll vote for her. In fact, it would tickle me pink to see the massive liberal and media angst if she beat Obama.

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

How could she win, Whooopeeee Goldbrick don't like her.

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Brian, if she stayed in as governor she would have had to fight all the frivolous law suits the libs were bombarding her with, she goes over that in her book

A lot of people don't like her because she has made a ton of money after all the fall out, I think it's great,the slanted media tries to ruin her and she gets rich off of it, that's reason enough to vote for her

But she has done more to energize the tea party than anybody else I believe

And besides she's alot better to look at than Obozo

12. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Another example that Darwin was right!

blade819

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Catpower you are 100% right. Most people don't understand the reason behind her dropping out as the governor. She saved the state one hell-of-alot of money and lived to fight another day. By doing what she did she made a flip on Crybaby Obamma. The Obamma hoped to crush her in Alaska because they seen her as one of the biggest threats. If Palin would had been running for the presidency at the time instead of Democrate McCain she would had been elected. I do think the republicans thru McCain in as the front runner to proposlly loose. McCain completely gave up and thru the election.Obamma.
    Now with Bachman and Palin two people with morals, etichs, and honesty the Crybaby regime are running scared aa hell. People are very, very, sick of this regime that wants to take down this country. Obamma is a spitten image of Hitler if anyone ever read the book of Life unworthy of Life,
    It sadens me to hear people say, well if Palin had some experienc in the future she would be a good presi. What the hell are people thinking. Obamma never run a business as little as a lemonaide stand. He spent a few short months as a Il. Senator. This stupid goof ball couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the instruction on the heel. Hell anyone that has had a paper route, mowed lawns, shoveled snow growing up have more experience than that forigen Sob. Wild Bill

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

When Darwin said we decended from apes, he had Obama in mind as the missing link.

While Sarah is capable, 10 fold more so than the dufus that now occupies the White House, I still want to see Bachmann in the drivers seat.

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Actually, it was between 5 and 7 million years ago that what would eventually become Homo Sapiens and the chimpanzees diverged. Oddly enough, the event took place in Kenya. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Wild Bill, how do you REALLY feel??

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The film on Palin should have been titled "The Unelectable."

-Gary

18. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Palin's bus tour was last seen riding along on the Bridge to Nowhere....hopefully she got lost LMAO

[​IMG]

19. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Catpower- Think back to when the Arkansas Governor first ran for president. He had no clue what was going on in the world or who most key players were. It's not just Obama, it's all liberal lawyers who get a pass with the liberal media when running for office. They picked on Bush 43 the same way during his first run. My thoughts on Palin, what Brian said.

milt

20. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you how I really feel. I feel bad for Obamma and the rest of the people that still would vote for him. Reason is they have no moral background,no ethics. and mainly no common sense.
    Liberals are like people on cocaine. You tell them not to do it so they go ahead and partake in the drug. They climb up to the top of the roof and stand on the edge. More liberals down on the ground watching. All the time everyone else is saying go back go back. Then the stupid ass jumps and smashes his body all over the walkway. The liberals turn to the rest of the people and say to them why did you let him go ahead and jump. Just for that you can clean up the mess. And the liberals go on their marry way. Well I getting tired of cleanning up their damn mess. Its time to take a lawn vack and run them thru the shreader and dump them over the ocean with their Brother Ben L. Wild bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.