1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Palin Didn't Hit a Home Run!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It turns out that half way though her speech, the teleprompter broke and she had to deliver the rest by memory.

As such, her speech wasn't a home run, it was more like watching Abreu hit 41 out of Comerca Park in the Home Run Derby.

MSM, Whack! Biden, Whack!, Obama, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! ETC.!

2. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Her speech was an aggressive attack on the "opponent" but was short on specifics on how their team would deal with the domestic & foreign challenges facing the US today, and on their vision for the country's future.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ah....another urinal cake eater's retort....

Curt

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Home Run??? She hit it so far it's in orbit around our moon. She crushed the Dem ticket I loved every minute of it!!

5. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

B682GX,,,that's Mccain's job tonight,,,,,

6. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Curt: My comments were in the nature of constructive criticism on how she can improve her message so as to attract the undecided voters.

OICU812: If he does it effectively, then that would be the home run we're all waiting for!

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"domestic & foreign challenges facing the US today", nice yuppie doublespeak.
    I'm sure Obama has all that stuff covered to a fare-thee-well.

With all his military and diplomatic experience he will be able to reeason with all the enemies of the USA and bring them to our new way of thinking.

Do you have to add something to that Kool-Aid, or is the straight stuff enough?

The Obamination can't even talk without HIS teleprompter.

HM

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The Republicans have nominated two people of proven character and leadership capabilities. The Democrats have nominated a media-darling celebrity with ZERO accomplishments and an old, drunken, political Washington insider whose career has been spent running his mouth.

9. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

No, halfmile, it isn't. I am in danger of losing my job to out-sourced foreigners & my home to the bank, & hope that the Republicans have a program that will give me a fighting chance to retain both. I know that the Democratic candidates are wimps when it come to dealing with the rest of the world, but the 2 wars we're engaged in now need a do-able plan for a final victory so we can direct the $$$ currently being spent on them do the domestic economy.

10. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I agree JBrooks. I hope that they will tell me where they will lead us.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely -- there is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you...in places where winning means survival and defeat means death...and that man is John McCain".

12. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Just ask McCain and Pullin their opinion on the draft. I think evryone would be surprised what this war hero would say ....

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Curt, the urinal cake references are a bit graphic. Could you please start refering to them as Italian Breath Mints (IBMs)?

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Wow, there are A LOT of new posters on ts.com all-of-a-sudden. Hmmmm....

15. trap906

trap906 Member

i thought it was the best speech ever, and the first time in a while i felt like a normal person was running!! now if we could get Huckabee back on with her, life could be perfect..... how bout that 2 real hunters and sportsman sportswoman for president..... Rob happy in Arkansas...

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Kinda wonder about the opinion of someone who can't spell a five letter word when it's sitting in front of them. Go ahead lamer, surprise us.

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"In small towns, we don't heap praise on working people when they are listening and talk about how bitter they are and they cling to their religions and guns when those people aren't listening," she said.

"We prefer candidates who don't talk to us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco."

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If Pallin was in that cell instead of McCain the North Vietnamese may very well have raised the white flag. One tough bird that one and a refreshing addition to the Republican party!!

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would like to see a debate between Mc Cain and Biden and one between Pallin and BO. I think in any case Mc Cain will kill BO, but, I'm not sure about Pallin's ability to stand up to Biden's vile nature.

Incidently: BO is going on Bill O'Reilly's show tonight

20. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From Simon Heffer in the London Telegraph:

"But it was all part of a rhetorical tour de force that, unlike other examples of the genre, was not about just creating an atmosphere or perpetrating a confidence trick: it was about showing the world the true Sarah Palin.

She is an astounding politician. In nearly 25 years of being paid to sit through political speeches, I struggle to think of one I have heard that was more immediately successful and that will prove to have been such a moment in history."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.