1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Painting a Precision Fit Stock??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

Has anyone out there painted the black grip and cheekpiece of a Precision Fit Stock, and if so, what type of paint did you use? I'm looking for a paint that sticks to the stock, and is long lasting.

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

What about an epoxy? Some of those are really durable. I would be interested too as I have a Bt 99 project sitting in the safe for a rainy day.

3. Mark Spears

Mark Spears Member

Do you know anyone in the auto body repair business? I painted mine with some paint I had left over from when I touched up my daughters car. I cleaned mine with M.E.K. to get the oils off and sprayed on a coat of bonding primer from a spray can that you can buy from Napa, etc. Then 3 light coats of black metalic and two coats of clear. I think it looks much better than the flat black plastic and has held up really well. I bought a used forearm and painted that too.If your going to paint the forearm, take a dowel wraped in sand paper and relieve the barrel opening a bit if it is tight before you paint it. It Took about 2 hours start to finish. You can probably get the same result out of a spray can.
    Good luck, Mark

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Craytex with a air brush. Cheap, easy, and any color you desire. They make a water based metal paint. Primer with spray can primer then Craytex. I change my colors all the time. Very easy.

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have a friend that use to a manage at Maaco years ago. I gave him a wood and plastic 870 stock and forearm and they came out fantastic. The wood stock I had him paint candy apple red like Ford offered the mustang in the 60's. The plastic one British saddle, the color of my 1963 chevy impala that I had in high school.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.