1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paint recommendation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by E.D. Va, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.D. Va

E.D. Va TS Member

Try a product called "Hammerite". After it drys try getting back to this site with a trap related question.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

First thing that you have to rmember is that "Paints ain't what they usta be" since the EPA and OSHA started meddeling with paint formulas!

Premium oil based paint such as Rustoleum is your best bet!

3. oz

oz Active Member

Ahhhhhhh our spelling "B" winner shows his ugly head.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

LOL, good one Dennis. You posted this in other topics so I dont know what his prob is other than he cannot spell & does not know how to sort the topics out to alleviate looking at the other topics

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to $itch about

Dennis find some two part epoxy paint it will last a long time, but make sure you follow directions about surface prep before you apply it, you can get it from most industrial suppliers, but make sure it's epoxy, there are other two part paints but in my experience they didn't hold up as well

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

believe it or not we had great luck using the apply it yourself truck bedliner coating...it does a great job on timber too being used for posts being put in the ground...no rot...and takes a heck of a beating

7. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

When I was working on research ships which spent a lot of time at sea, we found that traditional preparation of metal surfaces wasn't working. Some of our deck equipment would rust up in a month, after being taken down to bare metal and primed, undercoated, then two finish coats applied. We found that taking down to white metal, then applying Etchbond or a similar product (acid to etch, some sort of thin rubbery stuff to bond), one coat of Zinc Chromate, a coat or two of red oxide primer, then undercoat, and two finish coats, was definitely the way to go. One particular winch drum, on a very wet deck, would rust in less than a month, and have big rust flakes formed in three months. After treating as described above, it went over four years without needing to be stripped and repainted. It may have been longer, but the ship was sent to the East Coast, and I lost track of it. I have used this system on truck winch bumpers and other rough use steel items, and it lasts far longer than any other paint I have used. If you want your door to look good for a long time, use this system on it. Etchbond or similar products, zinc chromate, and red oxide primer, can be found in marine paint store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.