1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Paint for Marking Yardage on Concrete

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GTrobo, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTrobo

GTrobo TS Member

I need to renew the yardage lines and numbers on our concrete pads. Found marking paint with the spray paint cans that aim down at Home Depot. I am not sure that marking paint will be durable on concrete. Home Depot also has striping paint and they sell a cart to apply the paint. I do have metal templates for the lines and the numbers. Any recommendations?

Gary

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I mark ours with regular old dark green spray paint. It does wear off so it gets a shot every month. I just do the 20 yard line, most trapshooters can count from there......

3. BAP

BAP TS Member

The best I have found was a vinyl concrete stain made by HC I believe. It held upfor 10 or 12 years as uposed to the down flow spray which didn't make 2 years.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Many years ago, one of the local clubs used 24' x 24' patio blocks for pads with numbers painted on them. We finally removed the patio blocks and replaced them with concrete & I took the blocks home and made a walk around the side of my home with them. It been along side my house for over twenty years and the numbers are still visible. Can't tell you what they used for paint but you can bet, it was better than we can get today.

Big Jack

5. GTrobo

GTrobo TS Member

Thanks for the ideas. I am not concerned that the paint last ten years. A couple good service years is fine with renewal on the third.

One of our members had stencils made out of metal. I think about .030 thick steel laser cut. He owns a metal fabrication shop.

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Traffic paint IS what you want - lasts forever without cars running on it!

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

All our outdoor signs have been changed to green, for what it's worth. Lasts longer in sun than any other color.

Somebody put our yardage markers in red the last time, I know they won't last. Had some signs with red and the red word (NO) faded leaving a wrong message.

If traffic paint can be gotten in green, that would be the ticket.

HM

8. GTrobo

GTrobo TS Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go shopping on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

marking yardage on steel line