1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Remedy Needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

In the last 20 years I have been in the hospital and had more operations than I care to think about. Thank GOD I haven't had a defib. shock for about 4 years now. I have had back surgery, hip replacement etc. but now I am at 71 years, hurting in the back and hip area. Docs. say it's not my hips. After so many years of pain etc. I am asking if anyone of you has a rub or other solution beside doctors that HONESTLY works.

At the end of a 50 round shoot I am ready to quit. I don't want to quit. If I can't shoot I don't know what I'd do. The norman otc. stuff does very little. Help please?

2. TARGET1

TARGET1 Member

ARTHRITIS:
    Arthritis patients may take daily (morning and night) one cup of hot
    water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon
    powder. When taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a
    recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found
    that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one
    tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast,
    they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated)
    practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a
    month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because
    of arthritis now started walking without pain.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm 63, and have junk knees and a junk back....no surgery...yet...but I do shoot off a 30" shop stool. It sure makes shooting a whole program tolerable. I also have some wonderful pals I shoot with who help me move everything around. Thier assistance is very much appreciated. They know who they are if they read this...again thanks!

Ron Burr

Alberta

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Target1: Thanks, tried that already. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Dave

5. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I'm only 71 but 4 Aleve an hour before shooting gets me through a day's competition.

6. fly

fly Active Member

Sportshot, is he to get stoned and then go shoot?

7. o4twinpeaks

o4twinpeaks TS Member

1200 milligram ibuprofen and 100 milligram tramadol Is the concoction that relives the knee and back pain for the day for me. tramadol is non narcotic and does not make me tired there for I can still drive and function. I take it 2 to 3 times a week.

Tom

8. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Target 1 can I just put it in my coffee in the morning. Thanks Stan

9. chovyman

chovyman Member

CELEBREX better than pain

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had back pain and went to chriopractor for manipulation, no results, doctor prescribed FLEXARILL Generic is CYCLOBENZAPRINE 10 Mg Take 1 tablet 3 times a day every 8 hours, in 3 days pain was gone and has not come back,

Doc gave me 3 refills but have not needed it.

Could not believe the fast action of it. It may not work for everybody.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I found Celebrex was effective for a while, then became less so....and then the whole Vioxx-Celebrex heart issue thing happened so I quit taking it. I use Robax Platinum (sold in Canada) which is ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant. Doesn't really take the pain away but 2 or 3 before I shoot take the edge off. Plus after I shoot I usually have a 2 hour drive home anyway to relax....and I'm getting another epidural injection in 3 weeks...they work great for me...

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

ljutic,

Been there done that! Celebrex worked for 2 years then had a reaction to it, put me on Vioxx, BAD stuff!! reaction after the 9th pill!!

After my last surgery, my surgeon told me to take 2 over the counter ibuprofen with to plain aspirin.

Worked for me, where the "bad" pain killers didn't!

My chiropractor manages my pain now, no pills for almost 2 years now.

All pain is felt through your nerves, ALL your nerves go through you backbone to your brain. Duh!

Doctors manage pain with drugs that tear at you liver and stomach.

Chiropractor's manage pain through joint adjustments and you have MANY joints throughout you whole body, not just your back.

Hopefully you all have taken the time to get a print out of any drug you have been prescribed as to it full "Side effects", you'll only get them from your pharmacist, not from your doctor.

13. psfive

psfive Member

My chiropractor saved my life. After twenty plus years of back pain some of which put me flat on my back for hours at a time, pain that no drugs would touch. It took him almost two years of starting with three times a week to down to once every two weeks. Never any drugs now and only fatigue after a long day on my feet or a hard day at work. He realigned I think every joint from my knees to the top of my spine. That was several years ago when we finished. Now if I do my part stretch and some easy exorcise I never hurt. Paul In GINebraska.

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Too bad we cannot class action sue all the bottom feeder lawyers, (and their greedy clients), that got Vioxx taken off the market. The issues with Vioxx and celebrex have turned out to be more of a hoax, than reality. Celebrex can be rough on your stomach, though.

I have the hip issue also and the experts tell me it is from issues at the base of my spine where the nerves become, like a pony tail, that is the problem.

The hardest thing for us that are aging, to accept, that's all of us BTW, is that the fountain of youth does not come in a bottle. All the meds in the world will not turn back the clock.

15. Mapper

Mapper Member

I used DMSO on my knees. Seemed to work pretty well. Since I retired, it has not been an issue.

16. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I was 46 when I was put one celebrex, 11 years ago. 800mg every four hours or as pain needed. First year wasn't to bad, second year started having some of the side effects, itching, rashes. Towards the end of the second years started having swelling issues(celebrex is a anti inflammatory)got so bad I couldn't bend my fingers to pick up a pencil. Was taken off and put on Vioxx, one a day, on the seventh day my wife ask what was wrong with my eyes, I didn't see any thing wrong. On the eight day my wife said I had better look again in the mirror, the white of my eyes were turning yellow, on the ninth day they were worse. Called the doctors office and they said not to take another one.

THAT is when I started reading the documents on side effects from my local pharmacy. EVERY thing I had experienced over that period of time and all the different drugs was Listed in plain english!

Your right about "hip issue", a lot of hip pain is because your tail bone is out of line. If your tail bone is pinching a nerve, it is behind muscle cramps in your legs, numbing feelings, and hip pain. Once my chiropractor puts in back in place, pain is gone.

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Read the above thread.

18. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Try an osteopath if you can find one, they are better than a chiropractor because they are a full fledged Dr. and can prescribe meds, along with manipulation. Your back is nothing to fool around with, you need a Dr. An osteopath was what-who- got me back on my feet, no he didn't make me 21 again but sure makes life livable. I'm 71 & get by fairly well as long as I don't do anything too stupid. Ross Puls

19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

ever try a TENS unit? works for my lower back problems, that and a massage chair to loosen the muscles, increases blood flow

20. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

quote"I was 46 when I was put one celebrex, 11 years ago. 800mg every four hours or as pain needed."

====
    Whoever prescribed that should be shot. You overdosed on celebrex. Not the fault of the drug.

I've been on celebrex for years. I take one 200mg capsule a day in the morning with breakfast. That's it.

Little pain, no worries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.