1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

padded comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paramedic, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paramedic

paramedic TS Member

I need to know where to purchase a padded comb for a Beretta 687. I do not see any on their website.Thanks Darrell

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Try Cole Gunsmithing.com

Surfer

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Soft combs are built, not bought off the rack. You need to contact a stock smith who will build you one from scratch. Depending on what model of comb hardware already exists in your stock, replacement of said hardware may also be necessary.

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

If you have a factory installed comb say from Beretta, there dealer such as Cole Gun Smithing may have an aftermarket padded comb that is a direct replacement to Beretta's hardware.

If you have no adjustable comb then you will have to seek out a Smith who installs adjustable combs. If you already have an none factory installed adjustable comb and want it converted to a padded one, then you have also have to contact a Smith. There are several qualified Smith's who advertise on this site who can either convert your existing comb to a padded one or make a new one.

Surfer

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Here's one I picked up from Chris Vendel at CRV Custom Arms today.

jonreitz_2008_030360.jpg

jonreitz_2008_030361.jpg

jonreitz_2008_030362.jpg

jonreitz_2008_030363.jpg

This one is perfect. Chris can be reached at 585)730-8166 in Rochester, NY.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

6. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had 3 done and I purchased a Perazzi boat paddle style stock from MIA that had the padded comb done by Pat Laib. It is by far the best that I have seen. His number is 320-8796-2686. Check him out. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.