1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pact powder scale factory service poor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a Pact II digital scale that is not yet two years old ( seen very little use) It went wacky so I sent it in to the factory in Texas on the 4th of June. I just called to see why I have not gotten it back and they say they recieved it on the 16th?? Thats funny because my check for shipping return was already cashed? They also said it was somewhere in line but not yet started on?? I am about ready to go buy a different brand - any suggestions?? Dillon?? I doubt I will ever own another Pact

2. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

My Pact scale went wacky too. I called the company and a very knowledgeable gentleman talked me through a re-program that got me up an running right away. As I recall, it was a toll-free call too.

Probably should never have had the problem, but I can't fault the help that I received.

The Bayrat

Erol Tucker - POC, TX

3. cubancigar2000

Yes, I made that call, he was not successful and asked me to send it in. It is under lifetime warranty so I will get it fixed or a new one but I need one now

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Lou.... Wait to get the PACT back. They are really the best of the best. Mine works flawlessly. I have had one for many years, sent it in twice for repairs, (I dropped it both times) and never received a bill from them.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. cubancigar2000

Thx Dan, good to see you back

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have had to send mine back once. There was a flat rate of $10 for the repair. I believe the strain gauge flat out failed. Once it did do something weird and a guy walked me through it over the phone. I wrote down the verbal directions and when it did it a couple years later, I performed the operation and it ws good to go. I would not hesitate to buy another if this one ebver dies completely.

JK

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a digi-weigh less expensive scale for a "need one now" on ebay. surprised by the accuracy. I use it for quick readings. specs say it is good +/- .2 grains. I wieghed a spent primer on my 505 scale @14 grains the digiweigh checked out at the same. I use it for checking 1st 10th and 25th round if anything is not within specs I will check with 505. my other digital scale was a Ohaus, worked great very light and temp sensitive. House was hit by lightning, sent back. non repairable. Back to the 505 and digiweigh

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

cubancigar2000- Sorry that you are having a problem with your PACT scale. Mine has been working very well for several years. You might find it difficult to purchase another digital scale that is not made by PACT. PACT scales are sold under many different labels.

Pat Ireland

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A few months ago, I bought a Pact Chronograph. It would not register any shots so I called them as their instructions almost beg you to do if you encounter problems.

It was 10:30 a.m. their time but the phone rang for over a dozen rings twice before the third call was answered. Their immediate diagnosis was that the cause was in the environment in which the chronograph was being used. Their suggestion was to tilt the unit until the sunshades were blocking the sun from the photocells. When I told them that the sun was behind me and that doing so would render the unit useless as it would be facing across the range, they said I should try it before knocking the idea. Of course, I didn't shoot across the range but no amount of tilting would make it work.

I put my old $99 chronograph on my tripod and completed the test-firing I wanted to do without incident (or any tilting). When I called back to tell them that, their reply was that I was simply going to have to change something about how I was using their unit. I told the gentleman that I certainly would change something - I would change the ownership of their chronograph by returning it for a refund to the vendor from whom I bought it.

He never said anything that could be construed as an attempt to retain a customer so that's what I did.

Ed

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Pat, it may well be true that Pact is making most if not all of the reloading oriented scales for us but there could well be one heck of a lot of difference when dealing with Dillon (specifically) or other vendors of the other names when there's a problem. In the 90's I had a Dillon digital drop one of the elements in the readout and it had 17 grains appear to be only 11 grains. I called Dillon on the 800 number and got an OK to send it in for a replacement. I packaged it up and got it to USPS that afternoon and there was a new one sitting on my porch the next afternoon from FedX next day air. They obviously had it in transport long before receiving the defective one. Now that's the kind of service that counts and Mr. Cigar's experience is unacceptable.....do, breakemall....Bob Dodd

11. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have had my Pact digital scale for about 20 years. It ALWAYS works great. I had a problem just this year where the scale would not calibrate. I called Pact and they walked me through a reboot proceedure that fixed the problem.

I would buy another Pact in a heartbeat.

I also own a Pact chronograph. Excellent piece of equipment!

Jim Skeel

12. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

How about one of you rebooters posting the proceedure for us so we don't have to bother the nice Pact folks.

13. cubancigar2000

UPDATE- still do not have it back, needles to say I am pretty unhappy with Pacts customer service ( and their product)

14. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Just a note, I have a PACT Digital Scale & have never had a problem. However,
    I get bad vibes when I read reports like in this thread. My oldest son,had a Dillon he purchased many moons ago. It was so long ago,Dillon couldn't
    find any record of his purchase or of him being a customer. Two of my sons,as well as myself use Dillon's 550---no problems. They told my son,that they would replace the scale at NO CHARGE, but this one would ONLY be gauranteed for 1 year. That's what I call good service & good customer
    relations. They live up to their NB guarantee.
    JJJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.