1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pact BBK problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baber, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Give up. I did . I could not overcome the drift problems and went back to a beam and balance with check weights.

TB

2. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

I solved my BBK problem by getting a RCBS pro. It has never failed, but I still double check using my beam scale.
    pg

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Go back to a balance beam. They hav e been around and accurate for years

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Wonder who makes the RCBS scales?

5. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I sent my back to PAC twice for several issues. Never could keep it working. Love my RCBS electric.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

One useful thing I learned about digital scales is that if they are battery powered and start behaving more oddly than normal, change the battery to a known fresh one no matter how the present one tests.

MK

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

320090T- I suspect both you and I know who makes the RCBS digital scale. They do change the color and print RCBS on the scales and raise the price a little. I must smile when someone states that PACT scales are not good and RCBS scales are very good.

My PACT scale has worked well, I have never seen a PAC scale.

Pat Ireland

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Pact makes for RCBS and who else???
    In regards to your scale problem. Is there a breeze hitting the scale?
    Next is the electric in your home or apt. The pact is very sensitive, if the outlet your using is for ex, on the same line as the fridge, when the motor on the fridge goes on this can change the readout for a bit. The only way to check it is to use batteries, if by doing this the read out is constant with no change you must use bats only or find or install a dedicated line.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This is just a suggestion, but try sitting the unit on "dryer sheet" when in use. My transformer powered PACT doesn't like static electricity (which this helps)but otherwise it has been remarkable. Good luck.

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've had a handful of electronic scales go "bad" over the years. the newer ones are a little better, but I don't have as much faith in them as I would a balance beam. Even the lowly LEE scale might be more reliable. Granted, the electronic scale may be faster in some cases, but I use the balance for the vast majority of my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pact bbk

youtube pact bbk eletonic scales good an bad