1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Packers-Patriots in the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hairy, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hairy

hairy TS Member

Pack will handle New York won't they?

New England SHOULD beat San Diego.

What do you think?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I like the Giants over the Packers.

Eric

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hairy, I sure hope so!!

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

The Giants real nightmare is coming to fruition this Sunday. The real Eli Manning, the one we all know will be showing up on the frozen Tundra. If the Packers play good ball and avoid the turnovers they will beat the Giants handily.

NE will beat the Bolts handily!

Rick

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

It will be the Packers and the Patriots in the Bowl. The Packers will lose cause Bret's weekly shipment of crawdads will get lost in the mail!

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

do not attempt to calculate the numerical quantity of your juvenile poultry before the proper process of incubation has been applied.

HM

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The PATs for sure...The Giants are strong ..and healthy..could gp either way but the Packs will PROBABLY come out on top....New England will be on top of all if Brady doesn't break a leg

8. bkms

bkms Member

Go Packers, i too hope the real ELI shows, then there will be plenty of interceptions and fumbles on his part. The NFL and Refs wanted a Manning/Manning bowl but it fell apart with the colts loss. But they can still help Eli though as they have so far in the playoffs.

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

The Packers will win both or their remaining games.

Tim

10. trappug

trappug TS Member

I like the pack,and I cant wait to see them take down the pats.

11. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

the Packers got their asses handed to them by the Bears not only once but twice this season
    how can you possibly think they can beat the Pats?

12. hairy

hairy TS Member

On my local weather "Minnesota" this morning, they predicted a -5º gametime temperature with windchill at -25º at Greenbay.

13. trappug

trappug TS Member

Every body will miss once and a while,The pats are due.

14. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

Boxer: Packers have won 18 of their last 21 games..That's what makes me think they can beat the Giants, and the Pats..They have beaten the Giants once already this year..The offensive line is finally healthy, the running game is working, and their receiving corp leads the league in yards after catch..One game at a time..Mizzou

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mostly young guys, cold weather, I think it's possible.

Good thing we had our off games with a non team. Sort of like shooting a 79 at a small shoot with no money in.

HM

16. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

My brother and I will be at the game Sunday night! Were looking forward to a Packer victory but if the Giants win then they deserved it. After ESPN's pre-season prediction of 8-8 this season has been almost magical! Brett Favre has set nearly every passing record in the NFL and is closing in on Minnesota's Jim Marshall's longest consecutive playing streak. They have the youngest team in the NFL. One of the youngest, no nonsense coaches in the NFL. They are still the only team that is owned by the fans and their 60 minutes from playing in the Superbowl. You can't ask a whole lot more from a team that last year was 8-8 and the year before 4-12.

Go Packers on Sunday

Rick Brohmer

17. sammie

sammie TS Member

Rick, Stay warm and have fun. sam

What is Marshal's streak and what does Brett have?

18. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Sammie, DE Jim Marshall ( Minn Vikings ) has the NFL record for 270 consecutive starts. Brett is 2nd on the list closing in on the record with 257 consecutive starts. When you include playoffs he has over 275 consecutive starts. If you measure QB's as a position player the closest to Brett's consecutive string is Peyton Manning at 161, Ron Jaworski retired, 116 and Tom Brady at 111.

In my opinion, Brett's consecutive starts runs comprable to Cal Ripkens all time baseball record. Brett, has played with numerous contusions, sprains, breaks, tears, esecially to those in the wrist, knee and foot. The one area he has weathered has been concussions which shortened the carrers of QB's like Troy Aikman and Steve Young.

Brett is not only the most durable QB of all times. Shortly, he will be the most durable football player of all times. Considering he plays the QB position and nearly half his games in frigid temperatures says a lot for his longetivity and about the man in general.

Rick Brohmer

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Its a long shot, but I would love to see it be Packers vs San Diego.

I don't care if they did nor did not benefit, I don't care if they did it once or four times, I don't care that the players probably had nothing to do with it....the team cheated and I don't like them...especially their coach.

20. BrooklynPrep69

BrooklynPrep69 TS Member

I respect Bret and the entire Packer organization, but do hope that the Jints put a whopping on them.

Steve Marengo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.