1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Packerizeing, anyone use the home brew kits?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Has anyone tried this at home. I have seen kits online. I was also thinking of Pakerizeing the bare metal parts of my MEC or Even the Teflon/moly coat from brownells. My main thing is redoing the finish on my 1st C&R purchase CZ82.

2. philk

philk Member

Used some Parkerizing stuff years ago on short shotguns. Glass beaded the steel and it worked real good. I think now you can get grey, black and a greenish color but havn`t looked at it for a long time. Preperation is the key to good results and you will need a long heated tank. Another option would be Electroless nickle, also very easy to do.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Could you pakerize the gun as an assembly? all plastic and such removed?

4. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

They work real well if you can get the metal really clean and give all the surfaces a good blast job with aluminum oxide. I guess you could do it with the gun still together but you;ll need a tank big enough to cover everthing with liquid and it will be a job getting all the salts out of the nooks and crannies. If you don't it will leach out later and ruin your job.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

going to strip it , blast with aluminum oxide a parkerize. its a cz 82

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.